• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

And now for something important - Soccer

OK, this is just awesome IMHO ;)

Unsold beer meant for World Cup will be sent to winning country, says Budweiser​

World Cup fans with a passion for beer may have something to cheer about yet — provided their team comes out on top.

Just two days before the FIFA World Cup kicked off, host country Qatar banned alcohol from the eight stadiums hosting matches. The decision wasn’t the most popular among the visiting fans, to say the least. It also left Budweiser with a mountain of beer and no fans to buy it.
It didn’t take long for the beer maker to come up with a solution — Budweiser tweeted on Saturday that it will ship off the cases of beer that were meant to be sold during the tournament to whichever country wins the World Cup.

Potable water access is a real problem in some places.

If you think Bud is Beer, you probably think British dentists do anything for teeth.

Having spent years in close proximity to British dentists, I can confirm that it's best if they do nothing for teeth ;)

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

I had a discussion the other day with a young Croatian lady about Croatians. She was born there but emigrated here at a young age.
She speaks and understands the language.

She utterly despises Croatia and Croatians. Arrogant, unfriendly and ignorant I believe she said.
Had the same discussion with someone a couple days ago - they were Bosnian Croat. Much the same thought from them. The HVK soldiers I worked with both scared me due to their bombastic/Ramboesque/reckless behaviour and made me laugh because if it started raining, they ran and hid. The Serb Krajina guerrillas were more professional, though still had a flippant disregard for explosive handling safety IMO...but they came out even if the weather sucked.

I must say my neck hair still stands up whenever I hear the accent or see the flag around here - there was a cultural centre in St Andrews I'd have to drive by going to work or to Winnipeg and there is a Croat RC church in East St Paul or Middlechurch I'd sometimes pass if going down Main to the Peg as well.

Had the same discussion with someone a couple days ago - they were Bosnian Croat. Much the same thought from them. The HVK soldiers I worked with both scared me due to their bombastic/Ramboesque/reckless behaviour and made me laugh because if it started raining, they ran and hid. The Serb Krajina guerrillas were more professional, though still had a flippant disregard for explosive handling safety IMO...but they came out even if the weather sucked.

I must say my neck hair still stands up whenever I hear the accent or see the flag around here - there was a cultural centre in St Andrews I'd have to drive by going to work or to Winnipeg and there is a Croat RC church in East St Paul or Middlechurch I'd sometimes pass if going down Main to the Peg as well.
Ustachi. They made the Nazis say “wtf?”

Ustachi. They made the Nazis say “wtf?”
Chetniks weren't exactly a bowl of strawberries and cream in any of the Croatian areas they occupied, either. We were the first ones in there. The Croats reminded me of working with PPCLI. Serbs reminded me of the three stooges.

So TSN chose a bad day to have their website overwhelmed....as they are the sole Canadian providers of the World Cup. No video - just sound.

Back