• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

An update interview?

Verge1993 said:
I take offence to that so thanks. Clearly that's not what i was saying at all but hey if you really want to know yes, in my school when you reach grade 6 the spelling test and grammar test stop. From there on you have to learn on your own and like I said when 90% of your Province speaks and types in a different way then how the rest of the country, then its kind of hard to learn the proper way on your own as a kid.

P.s I used the spell check so if you find anything wrong then its not my fault this time..

You are telling people on this site that in your Province that doesn't teach grammar or spelling after grade six? You have just insulted your entire Province and if I was in it, I would be ashamed that you were part of it.

Cbbmtt said:
You are telling people on this site that in your Province that doesn't teach grammar or spelling after grade six? You have just insulted your entire Province and if I was in it, I would be ashamed that you were part of it.

Well I'm sorry, that's how MY school did things. Come have a chat with them if you don't like there teaching ways. I can give you all the info you need to get there.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Step back. Relax. You have taken a simple warning about spelling and grammar and turned it into disrespect toward yourself and your entire province. I would take this as a good learning experience. Keep in mind that many of the people on this site are current or past serving members. Abrasive as they may seem to you now, this is what the military is like. They will point out your mistakes to you and you will be expected to fix them, without the attitude. I have never met a Newfie that is so sensitive!  ;)

And they must have had a point because since then your posts have improved a bit and make much more sense.

Delaney1986 said:
Well, that escalated quickly.

Step back. Relax. You have taken a simple warning about spelling and grammar and turned it into disrespect toward yourself and your entire province. I would take this as a good learning experience. Keep in mind that many of the people on this site are current or past serving members. Abrasive as they may seem to you now, this is what the military is like. They will point out your mistakes to you and you will be expected to fix them, without the attitude. I have never met a Newfie that is so sensitive!  ;)

And they must have had a point because since then your posts have improved a bit and make much more sense.

I have been fixing them because some people have PM's me telling me they are not bullying me but trying to help and other PM's me understanding where I come from because they were married too Newfies. There the guys that's making me want to try and fix it. Some people on here are crossing the line to the point where the next thing I might say is gonna cause a ban which is why I'm keeping my mouth shut.

As for you and the other guy In no way did I disrespect my Province, I simply told how the system worked at the school I went to. Spelling test where stop at grade 6 and from there on any test was only graded by getting the answer right or not. There was no punishment in spelling or grammar errors.

Verge1993 said:
As for you and the other guy In no way did I disrespect my Province, I simply told how the system worked at the school I went to. Spelling test where stop at grade 6 and from there on any test was only graded by getting the answer right or not. There was no punishment in spelling or grammar errors.

I didn't say you disrespected your province.  :facepalm: I mean you insinuated that other members were disrespecting you and your province when they were trying to correct errors they saw with your writing. You got defensive pretty quick. Next time, maybe just step back and try to see if there is truth in the criticism that you are receiving. Instead of defending your not-so-good spelling and grammar, accept it and endeavour to improve. Especially if current members are telling you it is an important skill to attain.

Seriously man, I think a lot of us have been shamed on this site for one reason or another, myself included. Don't take it personally.

Did anyone else find it ironic that people are misspelling words while trying to "help" others with their grammar? ;)

your you're

Back