• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Amber Alerts

BernDawg

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2006/07/31/missing-boy.html

I think the scariest part is that the suspect lives in Morinville.  How did they let this guy out?
A perfect candidate for the $0.25 solution.

God, don't you just love the last line...as though it solved everything

including 12 months of psychiatric treatment at Kingston Penitentiary
well, that solved it, it also explained why he was carrying latex gloves, duct tape, pictures of children...part of his therapy.

I would happily contribute to the $0.25 solution...

BernDawg said:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2006/07/31/missing-boy.html

I think the scariest part is that the suspect lives in Morinville.  How did they let this guy out?
A perfect candidate for the $0.25 solution.

+1   Concur with BurnDawg's solution.

Peter Robert Whitemore - repeat sex offender

I hope that Zack is found soon and that LE is able to operate fully and capably within its ROE when dealing with the "suspect."  :rage:

Duey

Dear God I hope they find the boy and do we really believe we can rehabilitate pedophiles?  They have an illness and it isn't likely to go away...even with therapy...I'll give yah therapy...how about castration for starters...seriously  :rage:

I am all for the benefit of the doubt but come on...this guy isn't out more than a day or so and is committing the same crimes...I'm thinking the psychiatric counselling isn't working  ::)

HL

This jerk-off  has a WHOLE lot more convictions and arrests than is stated in the article.

The fact that this clown wasn't labeled a dangerous offender back in 93 is a huge crime.......one that we as citizens can't hold anyone accountable for.

This sort of stuff infuriates me.  The poor kids are the victims.  From what I read in the CBC report, this guy has at least 3 convictions for offenses against kids.  I (personal opinion) believe we should have some form of 3 strikes and your out law.  Pedophile's like this guy who has 3 convictions, the last one should be a life sentence.  Of course my real opinion .......... well, death would be to good for him.
:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:
Kirsten

Just nine days after he was released, Whitmore took an eight-year-old girl from Guelph, Ont., to Toronto. He received a 56-month sentence.

After his release in November 2000, Whitmore was found less than one month later with a 13-year-old boy in a Toronto motel. His sentence for that offence was one year in jail.

Just goes to show you that Jail will not rehab you unless you want it to. Give him life with no parole. If jail wont fix him, keep him in it forever. Pretty easy.

I'll put in a buck.... aka the .25 Solution x4... just to make sure....

HL,

I'm also for castration, but I'm not sure that its an effective methods,
as they still think about kids and can act out on it...

Jail for them seem the only recourse in the actual system.

Yrys said:
HL,

I'm also for castration, but I'm not sure that its an effective methods,as they still think about kids and can act out on it...

Jail for them seem the only recourse in the actual system.

...hmmm, perhaps smashing his whole package with a 10 lb sledge hamer until it's paper thin would work!

Sask RCMP Amber Alert info
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/sk/MediaReleases/zachary_miller_e.htm
Amber Alert

This is an activation of the AMBER ALERT system at the request of Broadview RCMP

Zachary Miller
zackmiller.jpg

Jordan Bruyere, 14 years of age
060726_JordanBruyere.jpg

Peter Robert Joseph Whitmore
whitmore.jpg

The victim is Zachary Miller, 10 years old from the Whitewood area. He is a white male, 4'5" tall, 70 pounds with red hair and brown eyes. He was last seen about noon Sunday July 30, 2006, wearing black track pants with a red and white stripe and runners. Shirt description is not known.

Police believe the child was taken by: Peter Robert Joseph Whitmore of Morinville, Alberta. He is a white male, 35 years of age about 6 feet tall with a heavy build, brown hair and blue eyes.

He is believed to be accompanied by an aboriginal youth (Jordan Bruyere, 14 years of age), approximately 14 years of age, thin with short dark hair.

The suspect may be driving a 1988 Dodge Caravan possibly with wood paneling.

The plate number we first advised of is incorrect. We currently do not know the plate number of the suspect vehicle, but we do believe it is an Alberta licence plate.

If you have information about this child, call 1-877-SOAMBER or 1-877-762-6237 or e-mail fdiv_amber_alert@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

van-front.jpg

van-back.jpg

Thread title is defeated without the info. IMO

I sure hope that they catch this guy and that the children are alright . This kind of sick freak is why I support the death penalty people like him never change

I hope they find the lil guy soon, safe and sound. This just infuriates me that they let people out and commit the exact same crimes on these poor little angels. I wish there was tougher penalties for these freaks. :mad:

I read this article this morning, and I was horrified.  I pray that these children are found quickly and unharmed (in any way).  But what I just about punched my monitor for was the fact that this guy shows a record of not willing or able to change his ways.  Being let out of prison and 9 days later being found with a young girl might throw up some red flags.  Not to mention the punishments he's recieved seem lax, 16 months, 56 months, 1 year.  Does anyone else see a complete lack of understanding within our court system that this guy is dangerous?  Come on, a year sentence on his third time back in before the judge.  I'll save the government a bit of money and contribute my rifle, ammo and shovel to the situation.

This sickens me.

It just came on CBC that the 10 year old, Zacahary Miller, has been found alive. Thank you Lord.

I'm looking for an electronic update for this thread now. Just heard the little clip above on the news as I walked in the door.

Here we go:

CTV.ca

Reproduced under the fairdealings copyright act....

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060801/whitmore_hunt_060801/20060801?hub=TopStories

Missing Sask. 10-year-old found, police say
Updated Tue. Aug. 1 2006 4:36 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Saskatchewan RCMP report that 10-year-old Zachary Miller, reported abducted by a convicted pedophile, has been found alive.
Earlier in the day, an RCMP officer who once worked with convicted Ontario pedophile Peter Whitmore has issued a plea for him to release two missing boys believed to be in his custody.

In an audio statement on the RCMP Saskatchewan website, Cpl. Laural Mathew told Whitmore that he was doing well in his rehabilitation in Chilliwack, B.C., and that he needs to do the right thing.
"You were doing so well while you were here, and I know you've been going through some stress lately," said Mathew in her audio statement.
"But Peter, this needs to come to an end. The best thing for you to do, right now, is to find a way to do what you've always done before -- and release the children.
The corporal tells Whitmore to drop the children off at "any safe place where they can be found," adding, "if you need someone to help you, call a lawyer or a family member or me."
Whitmore, 35, has been charged with abduction in the disappearance of 10-year-old Zachary Miller of Whitewood, Sask. Police issued an Amber Alert for Zachary late Sunday.
Mounties  believed Whitmore to also be travelling with 14-year-old Jordan Bruyere. He was last seen in Brandon, Man., on July 22.
Police have filed a missing person's report for Bruyere but are not calling his case a kidnapping.
"We're still considering Jordan a missing person at this point, however given the history of the suspect he's with, we are very concerned for his safety,'' said Const. Jacqueline Chaput.
"The suspect, we feel, may be under the impression that he did have permission to be with Jordan.''
Jordan is described as 5'6" tall, 150 pounds, with blue-green eyes and brown hair.
Whitmore is a repeat sex offender. After serving his most recent sentence, of three years, Whitmore initially relocated to Chilliwack, B.C. in June 2005, and then to Morinville, Alberta in June.
He is described as white, about six feet tall with a heavy build. He may be driving a 1988 blue Dodge Caravan with possible wood paneling.
"The suspect has been seen in the Whitewood area over the last few days," Sgt. Tammy Patterson said Monday. "The suspect has also been in contact with the victim's family in the last few days."
Community shocked
Whitehood Mayor Malcolm Green said residents in the community of less than 1,000 people -- located along the Trans-Canada Highway east of Regina -- are angry.
"We went from a state of shock yesterday morning to disbelief and then sadness. And now there's a level of anger due to the fact that this kind of thing shouldn't happen in any community, least of all ours," he told CTV's Canada AM on Tuesday.
"That a person with his background can move so freely without any knowledge of at least us being told and aware of what he is like."
Jordan's mother, Joannie Robinson, says Whitmore travelled with her son and her husband to Brandon about two weeks ago to pick up a new truck.
Whitmore managed to convince Robinson's husband to return to Winnipeg after asking him to pick up $2,000 that he said he'd left behind.
She said Whitmore promised to return later with the boy, but never did.
"I'm just going to get my van fixed here in Brandon and I'll bring Jordan home," Robinson quoted Whitmore as saying.
He then called the next day and repeated the promise but he never returned the boy, said Robinson.
"I talked to my son. I asked him if he was OK. He said yes," she said.
"I tried to find out where he was, (but) he kept telling me 'Mom, I don't know where I am.'"
Criminal history
Whitmore is well known in Ontario for a string of high-profile sex assault convictions against children. He was first convicted in 1993 of abduction and five sexual offences involving four young boys and spent 16 months in custody.
Nine days after his release, he took an eight-year-old girl from Guelph, Ont., to Toronto, and was sentenced to 56 months in prison.
Less than a month after his November 2000 release, he was found in a downtown Toronto motel with a 13-year-old boy. He was sentenced to one year in jail.
In 2002 he fled to British Columbia in an attempt to avoid the media spotlight in Ontario after he was found in the company of a five-year-old boy.
In B.C., he pleaded guilty to parole violations because a "rape kit" had been found on him.
A search of Whitmore's backpack turned up latex gloves, pictures of young children, tubes of jelly lubricant, duct tape, a sleeping bag and plastic zipper ties that can be used as handcuffs.
In 2002, Whitmore told CTV's Canada AM that he was not going to re-offend. "I can't change the past, but I can change the future. I won't do it again," he said.
Section 810
Whitmore was released from jail on June 16th, 2005, after serving a three-year sentence. He took up residence in Chilliwack, B.C.
He faced additional restrictions under the Criminal Code's Section 810, which included a ban on direct or indirect contact with minors. It is issued by a judge and is good for one year in the province or territory where it was issued.
Police last had tabs on Whitmore on June 18th, 2006, three days after the post-sentence restrictions expired. They say he had been staying in Morinville, Alta., sporadically, The Globe and Mail reported.
The Globe said police had been talking to Whitmore about renewing the order, and he seemed open to renewing it but did not appear for a June 29 court date that would have reissued it.
John Muise of the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness, said these court orders need to be extended for longer than a year.
"The bottom line is those post sentence orders need to be fixed. They're too short. They're a year. They need to be five years. They're very difficult to obtain," he told Canada AM.
He also said Canada should use electronic monitoring more.
"And quite frankly, we've taken a cookie-cutter approach to responding to criminals."
The case has also brought up concerns about the sex-offender registry.
Steven Skurka, a Toronto lawyer and legal analyst for CTV who once had Whitmore for a client, said there is some room for improvement in the criminal justice system. But he urged caution.
"The concern I have is that we not use one case and draw sweeping conclusions."
"This whole notion that we should have the kind of registries for example they have in the States where the public would have complete access to them rather than the police monitoring them, that's led to actual deaths in the state of Maine."
In a case of apparent vigilante justice, a young Canadian man killed two convicted sex offenders in Maine before killing himself.
With reports by CTV's Jill Macyshon and Kathy Tomlinson, and files from The Canadian Press

Following the news on CTV now. RCMP on their way to the suspect farm where they hope to find the other missing lad. Am keeping my fingers crossed that this turns out to be a successful and happy return of this young lad to his worried family.

Edited due to very poor choice of wording.

Missing 10-year-old boy found alive near Sask. town
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 1, 2006 | 3:50 PM CT
CBC News

A 10-year-old boy who has been at the centre of a massive search after he was allegedly abducted by a convicted sex offender has been found and is alive and well.

RCMP said Tuesday that Zachary Miller of Whitewood, Sask., was returned to safety near Kipling, Sask., about 170 kilometres southeast of Regina.

Police were called to investigate an abandoned van in the town and while they were doing so, a young boy ran out of a farm building, located about 17 kilometres east of Kipling.

Police immediately cordoned off the area and an emergency response team was being dispatched, said RCMP spokeswoman Heather Russell at around 2:20 p.m CT.

Jordan Bruyere, a 14-year-old aboriginal boy from Winnipeg, and Miller, from Whitewood, Sask., were believed to be with Peter Robert Joseph Whitmore, a convicted child abuser seen in the Whitewood area in the past few days.

Police believe Whitmore and Bruyere are on the property.

More to come.

Thank goodness! I hope they lock that sicko for a very very long time. I still sickend of what was found in his backpack. Thank goodness the boy is alive!

Back