• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Am a a good candidate for infantry or crewman?

Jordansp2016

Inactive
Reaction score
CFAT written in early January
Medical/interview both completed on April 31
Application sent to RMO June 8
No job offer yet

I turn 21 in three months, I have some college education, I have played hockey at a high level, (junior A), I just did my medical and am worried I don't fit the bill. I have 20/20 vision, great hearing, and in the job interview the interviewer told me that she "has no problem recommending you for your first choice", which is infantryman.

Here's where I'm concerned: when I was little, I was diagnosed with asthma. After a few years of playing hockey, especially after playing rep, my asthma seemed to go away. I did get my family doctor to un diagnose me and confirm that I have been off of meds for years.  I was also diagnosed with ADHD but my family doctor un diagnosed me and confirmed that I havnt been on those meds in over two years and show no signs of adult ADHD.

The recruiters have informed me that there are just under 600 spots left for 4000 infantry applications across the country and 160 spots left for crewman out of I'm not sure how many applicants across the country. I don't want a comforting answer- if anyone can make an educated guess as to weather or not I will be enrolled then please let me know to the best of your ability based on the information I've provided. I've wanted to be a soldier all my life. It's something I'm keen on, it's something my family has a history of doing- my great grandfathers all fought in ww2 and one of the four brothers on my dad's side survived. He lived to become a golem glove boxer. He was a captain in the Air Force. I know this doesn't have anything to do with my application, but I thought you might find it interesting.

None of us here has, nor could have, enough information to give you any response with any measure of accuracy. Unfortunately, you will have to await the results of your application.

Jordansp2016 said:
CFAT written in early January
Medical/interview both completed on April 31
Application sent to RMO June 8
No job offer yet

I turn 21 in three months, I have some college education, I have played hockey at a high level, (junior A), I just did my medical and am worried I don't fit the bill. I have 20/20 vision, great hearing, and in the job interview the interviewer told me that she "has no problem recommending you for your first choice", which is infantryman.

Here's where I'm concerned: when I was little, I was diagnosed with asthma. After a few years of playing hockey, especially after playing rep, my asthma seemed to go away. I did get my family doctor to un diagnose me and confirm that I have been off of meds for years.  I was also diagnosed with ADHD but my family doctor un diagnosed me and confirmed that I havnt been on those meds in over two years and show no signs of adult ADHD.

The recruiters have informed me that there are just under 600 spots left for 4000 infantry applications across the country and 160 spots left for crewman out of I'm not sure how many applicants across the country. I don't want a comforting answer- if anyone can make an educated guess as to weather or not I will be enrolled then please let me know to the best of your ability based on the information I've provided. I've wanted to be a soldier all my life. It's something I'm keen on, it's something my family has a history of doing- my great grandfathers all fought in ww2 and one of the four brothers on my dad's side survived. He lived to become a golem glove boxer. He was a captain in the Air Force. I know this doesn't have anything to do with my application, but I thought you might find it interesting.

After completion of the Medical at your local CFRC, your Medical File is sent to the RMO for review and assignment/approval of your medical category.  It will take 6-8 weeks, on average, before your Medical File is returned to your local CFRC for continued processing.  After it has been returned, then they still have to complete the background checks unless they decided to start them ahead of time.

You still have a ways to go before you will even be Merit Listed and considered for a possible offer of employment.

Id like to complete my business degree but If I decide to enroll in the upcoming fall semester, which starts on September 1st, do you estimate it's likely that my job offer will come before its over? I don't want to spend all that money and have it go to waste because if I get the offer I want I'm going to accept it.

Jordansp2016 said:
do you estimate it's likely that my job offer will come before its over?

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

Back