• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Intended Place of Residence/IPR (merged)

As I said - I do not anticipate any large changes to this policy.  And I think it's likely that, as DAA stated, the middle ground is where we'll stay.

dapaterson said:
As I said - I do not anticipate any large changes to this policy.  And I think it's likely that, as DAA stated, the middle ground is where we'll stay.

Except possible changes to claiming in arrears.....with that aspect probably evaporating (with little or no notice)...

The point of this post was to let folks who may be affected know....what is supposedly on the horizon.

Thanks for the posts...OF

I'm not predicting anything.  I hope it does not happen.  But I won't be taking a chance.

If you are expecting to claim in arrears in the near future....you have some info to follow up on as you see fit.

I will leave it at scuttlebutt....

...Revival...
Could someone please post a PDF copy of the IPR election form from the DIN? Thanks.

I have a question that I have been researching without a lot of luck.

My husband retired last year, but is electing his IPR now, no problem, we're using his last move to the West Coast.

I am submitting my release once the house is officially sold shortly, not using my move, maybe. So all our HF&E is going west under his move.

So question is am I entitled to the traveling days as leave travelling time  (9-10 days) either under his or my move? Or the pack/unpack (3-5)? Or does it matter? Or do we do it all on my retirement leave? Just curious, 'cause when would my door to door move start?  :facepalm:  I got the blink, blink, deer in the headlights look when I asked......

If you have any idea where to point myself in the right direction ref pubs or something it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wanderer007 said:
I have a question that I have been researching without a lot of luck.

My husband retired last year, but is electing his IPR now, no problem, we're using his last move to the West Coast.

I am submitting my release once the house is officially sold shortly, not using my move, maybe. So all our HF&E is going west under his move.

So question is am I entitled to the traveling days as leave travelling time  (9-10 days) either under his or my move? Or the pack/unpack (3-5)? Or does it matter? Or do we do it all on my retirement leave? Just curious, 'cause when would my door to door move start?  :facepalm:  I got the blink, blink, deer in the headlights look when I asked......

If you have any idea where to point myself in the right direction ref pubs or something it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It's an IPR, so as far as I know, there is NO SLOR (Special Lve Relocation) associated with such a move as it is not CF mandated.  You'll need to take annual or do all of that on your own time.  Other than that, the remainder of the timings are at your own discretion.

Hello all, thanks in advance for any clarification and or info you might be able to share.

I will begin with a little back story to help direct your responses.

I'm currently posted to IPSC Borden (JPSU) awaiting medical release for OSI etc.
My medical team believes along with myself that I should be posted back east for family and friend social support the base surgeons here in Borden as well as in St John's have a plan of care in place and support my memo for posting.

The rub is I'm currently still on Tcat I've been advised by my case manager my best plan for quick posting is to change my medical status to Pcat and then waive disclosure to speed up a release message and thus a low me to request intended place of release. My question is my case manager says I will qualify for complete release I've had a complexity assessment to support this. I do not fully understand what a complex release intails any help would be great as well if anyone has successfully changed release base or was posted from one JpSu to another I would love to hear your experience

Cheers

In all seriousness, should you not be compiling a list of questions and asking all those/these questions of your case manager?  They should be the most qualified to answer them.

In the meantime, this will apply to you, should you be Releasing in the near future:

Occam said:
I hope all you ladies and gentlemen still in uniform got kissed yesterday.

CANFORGEN 160/14 CMP 071/14 171505Z SEP 14
CHANGES TO THE INTENDED PLACE OF RESIDENCE POLICY AND ASSOCIATED RELOCATION BENEFITS
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP) DIRECTIVE EFF 16 SEP 14
B. CLARIFICATION BULLETINS 2009 (1-3, 6-14) AND 2010 (1-5)
C. CBI 208 SECTIONS 8-10
D. QR AND O CHAPTER 209 SECTION 2 - RELOCATION EXPENSES
E. CANFORGEN 089/14 CMP 041/14 281403Z MAY 14

1.  THE INTENDED PLACE OF RESIDENCE (IPR) RELOCATION BENEFITS PERMIT ELIGIBLE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES (CAF) REGULAR FORCE MEMBERS, WHO RELEASE OR TRANSFER TO THE RESERVE FORCE, TO ELECT A SUBSIDIZED MOVE FROM THEIR CURRENT RESIDENCE TO ANOTHER OF THEIR CHOOSING IN CANADA. THIS BENEFIT RECOGNIZES THAT MEMBERS MAY HAVE BEEN REQUIRED TO MOVE MANY TIMES OVER THEIR MILITARY CAREER UNDER SPECIFIC CONSTRAINTS, AND THEREFORE PROVIDES THEM WITH A CHOICE OF WHERE TO RESIDE AT THE END OF THEIR REGULAR FORCE SERVICE

2.  ON 16 SEP 14, THE TREASURY BOARD (TB) APPROVED CHANGES TO THE IPR POLICY AND ASSOCIATED RELOCATION BENEFITS. AS SUCH, CHAPTER 14 OF THE CFIRP DIRECTIVE (REF A) HAS BEEN AMENDED EFFECTIVE 16 SEP 14 TO COMPLY WITH TB POLICY. THE IPR POLICY CHANGES APPLY TO CURRENTLY- SERVING REG F MEMBERS ONLY. MEMBERS WHOSE RELEASE/TRANSFER DATE FROM THE REG F IS PRIOR TO 16 SEP 14 CONTINUE TO BE ADMINISTERED UNDER THE POLICY IN EFFECT PRIOR TO 16 SEP 14

3.  THE IPR POLICY CHANGES ARE SUMMARIZED AS FOLLOWS:

A.  TIME LIMIT. THE TIME LIMIT TO EXERCISE IPR RELOCATION ENTITLEMENTS HAS BEEN REDUCED FROM TWO YEARS TO ONE YEAR, IN ORDER TO BRING MORE PREDICTABILITY TO THE ANNUAL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RELOCATIONS ACROSS THE CAF. EXTENSIONS MAY BE POSSIBLE, AS APPROVED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS, FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS WHICH ARE LISTED AT ARTICLE 14.1.02 OF REF A

B.  LOCAL IPR MOVES (40 KM OR LESS FROM DOOR TO DOOR). RELOCATION BENEFITS WILL NO LONGER BE PAYABLE, THEREBY BRINGING CONSISTENCY BETWEEN THE IPR POLICY AND THE WIDER RELOCATION POLICY WITHIN THE CAF WITH RESPECT TO MINIMUM DISTANCE OF A MOVE. EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR PERSONNEL WHO ARE REQUIRED TO VACATE CROWN-CONTROLLED ACCOMMODATIONS ON RELEASE/TRANSFER, FOR PERSONNEL WHO ARE BEING MEDICALLY RELEASED AND FOR PERSONNEL WHO HAVE COMPASSIONATE CIRCUMSTANCES

4  THE AVAILABLE IPR RELOCATION BENEFITS REMAIN UNCHANGED FOR THOSE WHO ARE RELOCATING TO AN IPR LOCATION GREATER THAN 40 KM FROM THEIR CURRENT RESIDENCE

5.  IN ADDITION TO THE CHANGES SUMMARIZED ABOVE, EFFECTIVE 16 SEP 14, ANY TRAINED MEMBER MEDICALLY RELEASED, REGARDLESS OF YEARS OF SERVICE, WILL BE ENTITLED TO AN IPR MOVE TO ANYWHERE IN CANADA

6.  PERSONNEL WHO HAVE RELEASED/TRANSFERRED FROM THE REG FORCE OR WHO INTEND TO DO SO IN THE NEAR FUTURE ARE ENCOURAGED TO FAMILIARIZE THEMSELVES WITH REF A. THIS AND OTHER PUBLICATIONS, PLUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION ON THIS POLICY CHANGE, WILL BE AVAILABLE SHORTLY THROUGH THE DGCB INTRANET SITE HTTP://CMP-CPM.FORCES.MIL.CA/DGCB/ (CLICK DCBA LINK)

7.  THE REMAINDER OF CFIRP BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO POSTED PERSONNEL REMAIN UNCHANGED. REF A REPLACES CFIRP 2009, AND WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT AS THE CAF RELOCATIONS POLICY RENEWAL PROJECT CONTINUES (AS NOTED AT REF E). REF A INCLUDES SOME MINOR AMENDMENTS OF LANGUAGE FOR CLARITY PURPOSES. ADDITIONALLY, CLARIFICATION BULLETINS LISTED AT REF B REMAIN IN EFFECT. CLARIFICATION BULLETIN 2010-6 IS RESCINDED EFFECTIVE 16 SEP 14 AS IT HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO REF A

Your OR (or Release Section, if you have started the Release procedure) should be able to clarify questions on when and where you can be Released.

Hello.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Maybe some of you can help me with an issue. Thanks in advance.

I was Reg F 82-96. Then I was Pri Res 96-09. Then I jumped back into Reg F 09-15. Now I am Pri Res again.

I just elected my IPR. My release item is 4a - voluntary release with less than 10 years continuous Reg F service (09-15) and qualifying for an immediate annuity. (I elected to buy back all my previous Reg/Res time in 09, and I have a lovely 28.5 year pension coming my way anytime soon, thank you very much.)

I sold a house, bought another at IPR location, fed Brookfield all the docs, all was going so well......until.....

Brookfield told me that all I can have is a couple of thou ($650 for whatever, and $1300 in custom). No realtor fees. No land transfer tax. No legal fees. In my case those things will amount to around $25G.

I asked why, and they said me being Reg F for only 5+ years before IPR means I cannot qualify. But release under 4a means that I DO qualify, imho. It doesn't matter if it was 9 years or 5 years or 1 year, a 4a release is for less than 10 years and immediately pensionable. 4a is 4a.

I have yet to hear a satisfactory answer from Brookfield on why they have made this determination. ie Where is this written? But when I look at the IPR manual (Chapter 14) and the criteria for 4a, with the associated benefits, I am baffled that we are even arguing about this. What don't I understand as I see the list of benefits, which includes sale of house and purchase of house?

Some people are looking into it, but in the meantime, can anyone here shed a light on this? Did I miss something? When is a 4a release NOT a 4a release?

33 years, clawing my way to a pension, buying back all that time, and at the end of it all, after signing IPR, I am basically getting a cold cup of coffee and a swift kick in the ass from Fuckfield. How is it even conceiveble that these things are not covered in my case?

Cheers.

Did you get a cost move when you rejoined the RegF in 2009?

I rejoined in 09 and stayed in current house nearby. Then I got posted in 11. Bought new house, did Brookfield thing, etc etc. Just sold that and bought near original town again. (ie Got my old Res job back.)

When I first quit Reg F in 96 I did NOTHING. ie Didn't move. Transferred to Res job same location.

This is another thing that pisses me off: I got a very snide "you got all the benefits in 96" from a Brookfield person. But I got NOTHING then, and even if I did, it was 19 years ago, and I was not pensionable then.

To be pensionble now I have had to do the f&$@ing time, and the buyback. It's not like I am trying to rescam something.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2011-2012-directive-ch14.page

For reference.

14.2.03 criteria table, 14.3.07 my supposed benefits.

I am still baffled that this is not clear to Fuckfield. What part of this did they look at and decide to modify?

I'll bite on this one.  But only a nibble for now........

Have you taken advantage of ---->  http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2014-directive-amend-ch-1.page#sec-01-03

I'll have a closer look in the a.m.

I really REALLY appreciate that some of you folks are looking at this. Thanks so much.

I have a couple of key people in Release world looking into this. DCBA memo is the next step if I don't get a satisfactory explanation. This all blew up just yesterday. Closing on both houses is late May.

Don't get your hopes up on a quick answer during adjudication with DCBA. While I did get a favourable decision on a questionable call from BGRS in 2010, I got paid out in 2014...

Rgr that.

If it is determined that there is nothing concrete that merits this strange decision on the part of Fuckfield, I am very aware that the fight will be long and hard. And it won't even be about the money. On so many levels this just seems wrong to me. If I cannot get those benefits at IPR with the years that I have, then who does get those benefits? Something is seriously screwy here.

Nobody is in a hurry to hand out one penny more than they absolutely have to on a move claim nowadays.

That is what I have learned over 9 cost moves in 30 years.

The key people (so far) are IC Relocation Coord for my release base and IC Release Section for my release base. I think that is a pretty good start.

Please tell me why you think it is "obvious why this hasn't happened" (even though it has happened.)

Thanks.

ajuks nerrad said:
The key people (so far) are IC Relocation Coord for my release base and IC Release Section for my release base. I think that is a pretty good start.

Please tell me why you think it is "obvious why this hasn't happened" (even though it has happened.)

Sorry about that but when you said you were dealing with "key" people you didn't exactly mention who they were.  Seeing as you have been dealing with the DND Relocation Coord, you are obviously in the correct spot.  I have reviewed the policy manual this morning and it seems to be rather clear to me, so here goes.

Your relocation benefits when selecting an IPR are spelled out in 14.2.03 and Criteria # 1 says "Period of continuous Regular Force service", not cumulative time and not pensionable time.  Therefore at the time you made the IPR election, your most recent period of "continuous" Regular Force service amounted to "6 years" (ie; 09-15).  As such, your IPR benefits will be based on 14.3.07.  So when you look at 14.3.07 you will quickly see that many of the Core Benefits have been moved into the Custom Benefit column.

You can try for an Adjudication but I would tend to think that whom ever supports such a request, is going to look rather silly at the end of the day for sending that up to DCBA.

Back