• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Intended Place of Residence/IPR (merged)

Nothing. I didn't even bother to look up what was available then, because I happily stayed in the same house and worked PRes at same base.

Don't forget to consult CRA on what expenses that you incur in the move that can be claimed on your income tax. It's not a lot. But it is something.

DAA said:
You can try for an Adjudication but I would tend to think that whom ever supports such a request, is going to look rather silly at the end of the day for sending that up to DCBA.

Resurrecting a dead thread. Some people more senior to me are convinced that I must go to DCBA with this. They insist that the basic intent of IPR has been bypassed in my case. The manual, badly written as it is, does not constitute Canadian Forces Orders or Directives. DCBA needs to see that the formula cannot even begin to address the list of benefits, so therefore something is very wrong in this case!!

So....is there another thread somewhere about how to write a memo to DCBA?  :)

ajuks nerrad said:
Resurrecting a dead thread. Some people more senior to me are convinced that I must go to DCBA with this. They insist that the basic intent of IPR has been bypassed in my case. The manual, badly written as it is, does not constitute Canadian Forces Orders or Directives. DCBA needs to see that the formula cannot even begin to address the list of benefits, so therefore something is very wrong in this case!!

So....is there another thread somewhere about how to write a memo to DCBA?  :)

Unless you have left something out in your previous posts, there really isn't much wrong here.  Those whom you descibe as being above you, are merely giving you the "sympathy" cushion to fall on.  It's a rather and regretably common syndrome. To put it simply, if they think there is something "wrong", then why are they not actively trying to help advance your cause?

Once you have an answer to the question above, then you will know!  If someone says "That's up to you to follow up on/etc/etc", then thats no different than saying "I'll back you up, until your chest caves in."    :facepalm:

DAA said:
Unless you have left something out in your previous posts, there really isn't much wrong here.  Those whom you descibe as being above you, are merely giving you the "sympathy" cushion to fall on.  It's a rather and regretably common syndrome. To put it simply, if they think there is something "wrong", then why are they not actively trying to help advance your cause?

Once you have an answer to the question above, then you will know!  If someone says "That's up to you to follow up on/etc/etc", then thats no different than saying "I'll back you up, until your chest caves in."    :facepalm:

I love you, but that is a bit harsh. I told each of these people "no I'm screwed, here is Ch 14, see?" They convinced me otherwise. It won't HURT to get a clarification on this situation. Is IPR for someone with my years, who has rarely used Brookfield for anything, supposed to amount to 2G and a move of F+E? Philosophically, something is very wrong here. A person more senior to me in rank is actively helping me craft the body of the memo.

Anyway, I will report back here on DCBA conclusion, good or bad. I actually expect bad - ie nothing will change. But maybe, just maybe someone will force a closer look at how this is formulated.

Or maybe not.  :)

"Re-Enrolments are treated slightly different.  If you retired from the Reg F, were entitled to an IPR at the time of release but DID NOT exercise your entitlement and subsequently "re-enrol" back into the Reg F prior to your IPR entitlement period expiring, then the benefit will be extended."

Sorry to butt in on this older thread but I am getting a bit of a runaround.  What if I "DID" exercise my IPR previously, then re-enroled and was posted.  Would I not be entitled to a move back to enrolment location on a 4a release off of a CE?  Thanks,

Mike

Thanks George,

I have read that section many times.  What I cannot seem to find is any reference to a what if you have already used an IPR..... It seems to me that I should get a move to enrolment location at the very least as I am now on a new TOS once I re-Enroll.  Cheers,

Mike

Back