• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things Combat Diver (merged)

bananaman said:
Lastly.... Even if you are a Major and a sapper that is a qualified diver is yelling at you to get your' a$$ moving the response will be "yes diver".

Ahhh...the memories!

S6
Dive Course 9101

I am going to join as a combat engineer or an engineering officer, and i wish to become a combat diver, so i was wondering if you guys could give me pros and cons. Also is there such thing as a combat diver officer? :cdn:

i am a recreational diver.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/23226.0

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24201.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMGP4AFKYtE

This is also being discussed here:

http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/108434.0.html

is there such thing as a combat diver officer? do they still do all the field works or do they only organise?

Your post history is making you look rather eager. That's not a big issue in itself, but it usually stems from immaturity.

So, before you worry about becoming an officer, have you looked at the entry requirements? Do you meet them or have a plan to meet them? What is your level of physical fitness? What are you doing to maintain/improve it?

My unrequested advice: Get a book on goal setting. Figure out the intermediate goals you need to acheive in order to become a combat diver or combat diver officer (if such a thing exist, I honestly have no clue.)

Would anyone on here happen to know the vision requirement to be considered for combat diving training? I have heard two answers: V2 and V3.

Thanks!

V2
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/AN-E-eng.asp

Okay I know this topic hasnt been commented on all year..but.

Enlisting as Cbt Engr. Extremely interested in Cbt Dvr.

I take it its: get through training, spend a year with an Engr unit, apply yourself to your trade dutifully, get a dive medical, then apply up CoC to see if you can get on the course? Obviously I am a good 2-3 years away from this if I get selected sometime next year even, but any other tips?

Also can Cbt Dvrs still go about becoming a Cl Dvr and how would that work?

Like, Cbt Engr VIE is 5 years. So if luckily became Dvr by say year 3, would I have to finish to 5th year then sign a new contract before potentially trying out for Cl Dvr prelim?

Or at any point after "potentially" succeeding the Cbt Dvr course could one try to get on the Cl Dvr course also, and if one succeeded, would they finish the 5 year contract as Cbt Dvr, or remuster immediately Cl Dvr (+ some time or what)?

Very curious.

CbtDvr13 said:

I take it its: get through training, spend a year with an Engr unit, apply yourself to your trade dutifully, get a dive medical, then apply up CoC to see if you can get on the course? Obviously I am a good 2-3 years away from this if I get selected sometime next year even, but any other tips?

Like, Cbt Engr VIE is 5 years. So if luckily became Dvr by say year 3, would I have to finish to 5th year then sign a new contract before potentially trying out for Cl Dvr prelim?

Or at any point after "potentially" succeeding the Cbt Dvr course could one try to get on the Cl Dvr course also, and if one succeeded, would they finish the 5 year contract as Cbt Dvr, or remuster immediately Cl Dvr (+ some time or what)?

Very curious.

Clearance Divers only come from Navy trades.

Clearance Diver is a COT trade, that is drawn from across the CF - however, one must be a qualified CF diver...

CbtDvr13 said:

Very curious.
Why don't you first  focus on doing your best to ensure successful completion of your BOMQ and then your trades training. If you don't complete those you won't have any diving career.  Do a search about Cl Diver.

FWIW, you might wish to consider changing your username until you've actually earned the qualification. 

CombatDoc said:
Why don't you first  focus on doing your best to ensure successful completion of your BOMQ and then your trades training. If you don't complete those you won't have any diving career.  Do a search about Cl Diver.

FWIW, you might wish to consider changing your username until you've actually earned the qualification.

Thanks...for nothing.

I appreciate the sentiment but that's not at all related to my question. Obviously I've been over the bmq, pt, ruck march, etc, etc boards and am inquiring into a potential avenue that I am interested in.

How hard is it to get an answer on these boards?

CbtDvr13 said:
Attempting to Enlisting as Cbt Engr. Extremely interested in Cbt Dvr.

Apply, get in, make it thru BMQ and battle school and ppl will take your 'intent' more seriously.

Once you meet the time-in requirements, IF you have a high enough CFAT score and IF the Cl Dvr trade is taking anyone and IF your medically fit and IF you get a good write-up from your Superiors and IF you do well at the PSO interview and IF the Selection Board picks you...then you might have a chance at getting an OT into the trade.  Then you'll have to pass the Cl Dvr selection/weed-out stuff and all the other fun and games that comes along with trg to be part of a FDU.

Very curious.

TOS sequence works like this:

Get sworn in, sign a VIE (about 5 years but varies by trade and needs of the CF, so it changes as required).  1 year before your current TOS is up, you get a choice of a 5 years CE or an IE25 or whatever your trade's TOS Sequence is at that time (if you are getting further TOS, that is).

If you are applying for and get offered an OT to Cl Dvr, you will have to sign a new TOS to cover the training and any applic restriced release date/period that there may be at that time.  The SMEs on that will figure it out and you sign.  Simple.

And btw, this isn't some paid service here.  If you don't like the answers you're given, feel free to search and figure it out yourself.  Saying stupid crap like "thanks for nothing" will likely get you exactly that here.

:2c:

Eye In The Sky said:
Apply, get in, make it thru BMQ and battle school and ppl will take your 'intent' more seriously.

Once you meet the time-in requirements, IF you have a high enough CFAT score and IF the Cl Dvr trade is taking anyone and IF your medically fit and IF you get a good write-up from your Superiors and IF you do well at the PSO interview and IF the Selection Board picks you...then you might have a chance at getting an OT into the trade.  Then you'll have to pass the Cl Dvr selection/weed-out stuff and all the other fun and games that comes along with trg to be part of a FDU.

TOS sequence works like this:

Get sworn in, sign a VIE (about 5 years but varies by trade and needs of the CF, so it changes as required).  1 year before your current TOS is up, you get a choice of a 5 years CE or an IE25 or whatever your trade's TOS Sequence is at that time.

If you are applying for an get offered a OT to Cl Dvr, you will have to sign a new TOS to cover the training and any applic restriced release date/period that there may be at that time.

And btw, this isn't some paid service here.  If you don't like the answers you're given, feel free to search and figure it out yourself.

That's all I wanted. I wasn't trying to rude by any means, sorry for any offence to anyone esp. CombatDoc.  Thanks Eye

CbtDvr13 said:
How hard is it to get an answer on these boards?

It isn't hard to get an answer on these boards.  The questions have all been asked and answered....Just look.  Attitude does affect how you are answered, as well.

Hello,

I just have a question about training given to Engenier Officers after their general training. Is the  Combat Diver course an option?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

There is a whole sub-forum devoted to Engineers (note correct spelling) at http://army.ca/forums/index.php/board,5.0.html, and an "All Things Combat Diver (merged)" thread with ten pages at http://army.ca/forums/threads/23226/post-3818.html#msg3818. Please read that thread and post any additional questions regarding Combat Divers therein. There is no need to begin a whole new conversation.

Merged.

Back