• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things beardy-2005 to 2018 (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I feel compelled to explain my perspective on the situation (merely the beard itself).  Two years ago I was ordered by a staff member (while on PAT pl) to go to the MIR due to excessive skin irritation caused by shaving.  There I was given a chit in order to cease shaving.  When I was later attached posted to 21EW Regt, I was authorized to cease shaving on the basis that I was in the Navy.  This was the best route, to me, as it would simplify my situation in the sense that I would no longer have to go to the MIR to have my chit renewed (I was on a temporary chit twice).  Now that the memo has been denied at the school, I can't go back to the MIR and get a new chit for the same reason, as it would blatantly appear as if I were subverting their orders and authority.

That's mainly the reason I even pushed the issue in the first place.

EDIT: I believe I answered this question before, but it was asked again.  My ID does not show me wearing a beard.  This is a shortcoming on my part, as I didn't properly read the regs and I misinterpreted the requirement.  But as mentioned before, even if I did have it on my ID, it would not represent authority to wear it.

LoKe said:
Also, I feel compelled to explain my perspective on the situation (merely the beard itself).  Two years ago I was ordered by a staff member (while on PAT pl) to go to the MIR due to excessive skin irritation caused by shaving.  There I was given a chit in order to cease shaving.  When I was later attached posted to 21EW Regt, I was authorized to cease shaving on the basis that I was in the Navy.  This was the best route, to me, as it would simplify my situation in the sense that I would no longer have to go to the MIR to have my chit renewed (I was on a temporary chit twice).  Now that the memo has been denied at the school, I can't go back to the MIR and get a new chit for the same reason, as it would blatantly appear as if I were subverting their orders and authority.

That's mainly the reason I even pushed the issue in the first place.

EDIT: I believe I answered this question before, but it was asked again.  My ID does not show me wearing a beard.  This is a shortcoming on my part, as I didn't properly read the regs and I misinterpreted the requirement.  But as mentioned before, even if I did have it on my ID, it would not represent authority to wear it.

If that is the case and you do have a true issue with shaving you can get a permanent category to reflect the shaving issue regardless of what element you are.  I have placed a few pers in my time on restrictions for no shaving that is reflected on their medical docs that don't require renewing chits every 30 days.  I would suggest that when your done your course, either do the memo due to navy uniform in which if not reflected in your pers file or you having a copy this issue could arise again.  Or see the MIR get a dermatologist referral and get a permanent category reflecting the issue.

Was the medical issue listed on your memo? If it was, you're not subverting anyone by going to the MIR again, you informed them of the issue.

Occam said:
About all I can add is that not long ago, I was asked if I wanted to volunteer for a tasking to teach at CFSCE.  I thought about it briefly, but said no.  In retrospect, am I ever glad I turned it down. 

I got asked again this morning if I was interested in another instructor tasking at CFSCE, this time from November to March.  I'm pretty sure the A/BSM heard my snort clear across the building, and one floor down.  ;D

PuckChaser said:
Was the medical issue listed on your memo? If it was, you're not subverting anyone by going to the MIR again, you informed them of the issue.

What he said.  End the silliness once and for all and be done with them.

Occam said:
I got asked again this morning if I was interested in another instructor tasking at CFSCE, this time from November to March.  I'm pretty sure the A/BSM heard my snort clear across the building, and one floor down.

Didn't want to try to change it from  inside? ;D

There's a reason some of us call it the CF School of C**k Enforcement

Short and sweet post here,  can anybody copy/paste the standards for facial hair from the dress and deportment literature.

Thanks much.

Or, you can go right to the source - CF Dress Instructions at http://cs.uwindsor.ca/~fitzpatr/A-DH-265-000.pdf

In other news:  Why, oh why must the dimwits who control content on the DND website insist on breaking the frigging links to an unclassified, uncontrolled publication like CFP 265?  Must we really resort to someone being kind enough to host the 265 on a private server in order for it to be accessible via the internet?  Christ, we're not going to lose the war on terror because the bad guys find out that the Full Windsor is the only approved tie knot...

/rant off

Occam said:
Or, you can go right to the source - CF Dress Instructions at http://cs.uwindsor.ca/~fitzpatr/A-DH-265-000.pdf

In other news:  Why, oh why must the dimwits who control content on the DND website insist on breaking the frigging links to an unclassified, uncontrolled publication like CFP 265?  Must we really resort to someone being kind enough to host the 265 on a private server in order for it to be accessible via the internet?  Christ, we're not going to lose the war on terror because the bad guys find out that the Full Windsor is the only approved tie knot...

/rant off

I think it is like your DWAN password; you have to create a new one every three months.  Same goes for their http addresses.  ;D

Occam said:
Christ, we're not going to lose the war on terror because the bad guys find out that the Full Windsor is the only approved tie knot...

SECURITY BREACH!!!!!  :panic:  (a four-in-hand is OK too...)

Occam said:
Why, oh why must the dimwits who control content on the DND website insist on breaking the frigging links to an unclassified, uncontrolled publication like CFP 265?

Maybe they're trying to promote change (of the address) for that right bubble on the PER?  >:D

I sympathize completely with your frustration. As a Cl A CIC Officer, I don't have DWAN access, so I rely on CadetNet (often outdated) and public links to get this sort of information. IMO, unclassified, uncontrolled pubs should be hosted on a site (along with pertinent orders such as some CANFORGENS and command equivalents) and the links not constantly changed so that those of us who don't have DWAN access can competently conduct ourselves within the standards and regulations. Some things end up on here, but not everything, and lots of it would be helpful.

JMesh said:
As a Cl A CIC Officer, I don't have DWAN access, so I rely on CadetNet (often outdated) and public links to get this sort of information.

:eek:rly: Sorry Comrade, you don't need to know. Go back to Moscow.

My bad I am new to the forum so unsure of where to post. The link to the dress pam was perfect, I have a no shave chit and just needed to know some specifications regarding length.

Thanks much.
Cheers

/Thread

Hi, used google and the search on the site extensively to find an answer to my issue. No such luck. Not sure where to post this topic, doesn't fit under recruitment and not under admin...

Anyways, my issue..

Im an Ammo Tech, and I recently had the Dr send my request for Permanent beard chit to Ottawa. Would having a beard chit stop me from applying to CSOR, CJIRU, or changing trades to CMB Eng, or INF?

Ottawa has not yet sent anything back (only been a month) is it possible to have them cancel the request?

If you have a medical reason for having a chit, why would you want it removed? As long as they don't change your O rating, you should still qualify for the other trades. Friends I've seen that have them are just on PCat and retained as their O rating was not changed and they only need to shave for operational reasons.

Bluechip said:
is it possible to have them cancel the request?

Has the medical condition that has lead to a "permanent beard" chit changed ?

If yes, you need to go to the MIR and be re-evaluated.

If, no, then you get to continue sporting a beard and deal with all that comes with it, if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back