• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Alberta Releases fair deal panel report

MilEME09

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=72626A5FFC097-955A-0B7C-4A8D246A4D982021

25 recommendations are made including establishing a provincial police force, referendums on equalization and CPP to likely happen at the same time as 2021 municipal elections. An interesting report however what gets implemented and how will be the key.

Alberta doesn't have the finances to start up it's own provincial police service, even if we were to expand the Sheriffs.

We are broke as heck, and have absolutely zero oil & gas industry coming back. 

CBH99 said:
Alberta doesn't have the finances to start up it's own provincial police service, even if we were to expand the Sheriffs.

The cynic in me thinks the GoA wants to split from the CPP and create the APP to funnel retirement savings to the O&G industry.

CBH99 said:

I agree, hospitality and tourism industry has collapsed, O&G has imploded, farmers are struggling.

People are hurting, I work catering, my company is lucky but 5 others have folded. It will take years to recover

Probably easier to become your own country once you have your own police force.

dapaterson said:
The cynic in me thinks the GoA wants to split from the CPP and create the APP to funnel retirement savings to the O&G industry.
Likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back