• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Medical Update Advice

davef981

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, just looking for some advice.

I have been going for DEO pilot the last few years and I've had some problems with my file expiring while they are doing selections, and then getting on the competition list after all the DEO selections have been made for that year. My interview expires start of April and my Medical at the end of June.

I had my medical scheduled for the start of March thinking that would be enough time, but the recruiting office said that if I start the process then it could delay my file... Is that how it works? Advice on how to proceed? If I don't do the update now then I'll fall off in June vs if I do the update now I won't be eligible for selection until June. Just want to give myself the best chance for the year.

Thanks in advance!

-D

This is a dirty scenario and I'm in the same-ish boat.

I was just told that ROTP pilot selections began on 11 Feb 2020. They told me that there is no date listed for DEO selections, yet. That being said, I think they're going to look at CEOTP next, and then, finally, DEO. Therefore, I think DEO selections will occur before April comes around. I'm not sure. Which means you could be safe in June. I don't know.

Also talk to your recruiters in person and ask them "How can we ensure this doesn't happen again (next year)?" or "What can we do to prevent this (next year)?" Ask these "how" and "what" open-ended questions word for word and work with them to derive a proper procedurally sound strategy.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you too, and it keeps me up at night. It fxxking sucks. I wish you good luck. Please reply to this thread after anything happens. This is of interest to me, too.

They start selecting DEO after the Financial Year rolls over (which is April 1st) from what I understand.

Worked it out and got my medical done... pretty much like you said just asked open ended questions and they figured it out. Now to get the security clearance done in time.

Keep plugging away and best of luck!

Hey man,
I was at CFRC Toronto last Friday afternoon (13 March 2020) and they said that DEO pilot selections are "Mid to end of March" and that there are still 11 DEO pilot slots open for FY 20/21. This was just before they closed the CFRC to the public due to the pandemic. I just got emails saying my follow-up interview and follow-up medical have been cancelled and that I will be contacted later to reschedule these events. Due to the pandemic, I wouldn't be very surprised if selections were to be postponed. My biggest fear is being bumped back a full gosh darn year because of this. I don't know. It's a unique time.

Back