• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircraft technician is facing a gun manufacturing charge and other weapons offences after a search of a residence at CFB Moose Jaw

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Hmm could have a 80% lower that he did not register and over-capacity magazine could mean anything from a mag with the rivet removed, mag that can hold 6 instead of 5, a 25rd mag for the Ruger 10/22 or a 100rd drum mag for an AR that has not been blocked.

A 32-year-old aircraft technician is facing a gun manufacturing charge and other weapons offences after a search of a residence at CFB Moose Jaw. In news release issued Monday, the RCMP stated that during the Dec. 10 search, officers seized gun parts and two over-capacity magazines from the residence.

From the article, one could infer that he was not a RPAL holder as he was charged with "unlawful posession of a restricted firearm".

For them to get a search warrant, they had to have reasonable grounds to believe they would find what they went in there looking for. So they knew something already.

Totally wild ass guess, but possibly parts were intercepted being shipped to him, and they executed a controlled delivery and got a warrant on that basis? Alternatively, if he was building firearms, someone may have known and tipped them off.

Anyway, no more guns for him.

:ROFLMAO:

Sounds like the plot of my Mark Winters: CID novel The Gulf where a USAF technical sergeant has a bunch of Army National Guardsman making strawman purchases of AR-15s which she converts after hours in her machine shop at McDill AFB to full automatic to sell to Mexican drug cartels - I swear, I dreamed that up years ago.

🍻

Sounds like the plot of my Mark Winters: CID novel The Gulf where a USAF technical sergeant has a bunch of Army National Guardsman making strawman purchases of AR-15s which she converts after hours in her machine shop at McDill AFB to full automatic to sell to Mexican drug cartels - I swear, I dreamed that up years ago.

🍻

But have you got an alibi? ;)

🍻
You can expect a phone call from CBSA regarding an outstanding arrest warrant for illegal items in your name which were intercepted in the postal stream. Have your gift cards handy to pay the fine.

Including the big blurb from the guys online biography seems weird.

You can expect a phone call from CBSA regarding an outstanding arrest warrant for illegal items in your name which were intercepted in the postal stream. Have your gift cards handy to pay the fine.
Huh. So that actually a thing. Who knew? ;)

Huh. So that actually a thing. Who knew? ;)
TANGENT:

Yeah, it's a recent spin on the arrest warrant scam. Sometimes they even spoof the phone numbers from the CBSA Postal offices. You are notified via an automated message that illegal items addressed to you have been seized in the postal or courier streams. You must press "1" to speak to an officer. They then ask for your personal information to confirm the warrant. Once that's done, they tell you what the fine is to have the warrant cancelled. You are told to pay via either gift cards or crypto currency before the warrant will be cancelled and your package released (which would NEVER happen).

I usually string them along as far as I can before I get bored or need another beer. Then, I ask for a badge number and the call generally ends there.

TANGENT ENDS

New variation on the CRA scam which operates the same way. Make sure you tell your elderly and/or not computer savvy friends and relatives that the Government will never ask you to settle a fine or account balance using Google/Steam/Apple etc gift cards. The holiday season is usually where we see an uptick in this sort of call.

Got that one again today. That's about five times in two weeks. Not including all the other scams. I've had three where they spoke nothing but Mandarin.

Not minimalizing the charges, but I’m glad the RCMP have the resources to investigate a military member on gun possession charges, of all things. Moose Jaw must be a rainbows and sunshine city where other crimes aren't a problem…

Not minimalizing the charges, but I’m glad the RCMP have the resources to investigate a military member on gun possession charges, of all things. Moose Jaw must be a rainbows and sunshine city where other crimes aren't a problem…
As Brihard alluded to, this may have been a joint agency venture. CBSA has it's own cadre of criminal investigators and intelligence officers. Often files started by CBSA are finalized by the RCMP who, of course, get/take credit in the media.

Back