• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Operations Officer

Not much officially, but there are some unofficial tidbits of info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianForces/comments/bzc7n8/new_air_force_trades_noticed_in_the_op_talent/

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/article-template-magazine.page?doc=the-evolution-of-support-the-air-operations-officer%2Fk98frhl9&fbclid=IwAR1vEDG3F6fMbD-pDZuEA3bnlSjLSMfhgmRak2fpRCA5zuScSJiG5rNg4_c

20 week training in Winnipeg for a likely posting to Cold Lake? Ooof.

Looks like a fun trade otherwise.

Quirky said:
20 week training in Winnipeg for a likely posting to Cold Lake? Ooof.

Looks like a fun trade otherwise.

Well, it's a 1-in-how-many-sqns there are.  All sqns, Wings, and higher HQs will have them; not sure where the "likely posting to CL" part comes from. 

There is an Air Operations Officer SharePoint site with some information about the trade.

As for postings, the trade is now listed in the career section of EMAA. From there you can see the postings for an AOO.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
There is an Air Operations Officer SharePoint site with some information about the trade.

As for postings, the trade is now listed in the career section of EMAA. From there you can see the postings for an AOO.

Judging by OP's username, they aren't in the CAF yet. 

Dimsum said:
Judging by OP's username, they aren't in the CAF yet.

Pay attention to detail.. Fail.  :facepalm:

I just had a quick scan through the Air Ops positions and the bulk of the postings appear to be Winnipeg, Ottawa, Trenton, Greenwood, and Bagotville (there are spots at every wing though). I don't know if these positions will remain as is or if they will be redistributed, for example there are quite a few spots in Bagotville and only 2 in Cold Lake.

The information from the recruiting site is probably as accurate as you can get right now as the trade brand new. You can expect some jobs to be shift work and you can expect to deploy. I think it'd be a decent job.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Pay attention to detail.. Fail.  :facepalm:

I just had a quick scan through the Air Ops positions and the bulk of the postings appear to be Winnipeg, Ottawa, Trenton, Greenwood, and Bagotville (there are spots at every wing though). I don't know if these positions will remain as is or if they will be redistributed, for example there are quite a few spots in Bagotville and only 2 in Cold Lake.

The information from the recruiting site is probably as accurate as you can get right now as the trade brand new. You can expect some jobs to be shift work and you can expect to deploy. I think it'd be a decent job.

So did I.  I think those are Air Ops (as in open to Pilot, ACSO, and AEC officers specifically) rather than Air Operations Officer (the new trade) positions.  It sounds confusing, but I'd be willing to bet that's what it means on EMAA.

Back