• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Age Limits to Join

• Thread starter max_francis
  • Start date
Thanks for enlightening me. I guess I do have a case of the dumb!

Next time, I guess I should slow down and read properly!

Hello, I have been concerned lately about the joining age. I am turning 17 in a couple of weeks and I want to enlist as a reg force weapons tech. Do you think that I should wait longer to enlist or does it matter... And I would be going into grade 12 this year as well, so would the recruiting center prefer that I finish school then enlist or can I go and get everything done and they will let me finish school... One last thing, if theirs anyone that could email me so I could talk with someone that knows lots about weapons techs, this would be much appreciates.

Finish school, then join.  Your application will be that much more competitive.

Ok, could I go to the recruiting center to ask questions and such. Oh and would weapons tech still be open at the end of the school year. So I take it then that weapons tech is hard to get?

Beckinator said:
Ok, could I go to the recruiting center to ask questions and such.

Yes.  That is one of their main functions.

Beckinator said:
Oh and would weapons tech still be open at the end of the school year.

It may.  It may not.  The CFRC (Recruiting Center) would be able to answer that.

Beckinator said:
So I take it then that weapons tech is hard to get?

It may.  It may not.  The CFRC (Recruiting Center) would be able to answer that.

The selection for weapons tech, was last week, there are no more positions available.  The trade is closed for the fiscal year, you will have to wait until feb/march to apply.

Hatchet Man said:
The selection for weapons tech, was last week, there are no more positions available.  The trade is closed for the fiscal year, you will have to wait until feb/march to apply.

Guess that works in my favor if I should finish school before i go and enlist... Oh would working in a gun store help with getting selected?

Beckinator said:
Guess that works in my favor if I should finish school before i go and enlist... Oh would working in a gun store help with getting selected?

FINISH SCHOOL!!!!  Oh and it's enroll, not enlist.  We're not Americans.  ;)

Beckinator said:

Any job which gives you a reference that shows you're a person willing to work hard and learn, will be help you in getting selected.  A gun store specifically giving you the edge above any others, I can't speak to, that's out of my lane.

Neolithium said:
Any job which gives you a reference that shows you're a person willing to work hard and learn, will be help you in getting selected.  A gun store specifically giving you the edge above any others, I can't speak to, that's out of my lane.

Unless you learn stuff about being a gun smith while there, no it won't give any advantage.

PMedMoe said:
FINISH SCHOOL!!!!  Oh and it's enroll, not enlist.  We're not Americans.  ;)
Oh, haha didn't know that sorry... Studied everything exept the name of what I was studying ;D

Hatchet Man said:
Unless you learn stuff about being a gun smith while there, no it won't give any advantage.
Well they maintain and clean guns their, so if I can get the owner to teach me some more in-depth stuff it would be really beneficial... Thanks for all your guys help, still gona drop by the cfrc to talk with a recruiter and ask the rest of my questions  :)

Back