• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice needed for transfer from Res Med Tech to Reg Med Tech

SuperFry

Inactive
Reaction score
After some careful thought over quite some time, I think I'm ready to give the regular force a go.  I do have some questions before I do though....
What's the difference between the three elements - besides the obvious air, sea, land - why would someone join one over the other.
What kind of incentives could be offered based on the fact that I've been in the reserves for almost 7 years, have already completed QL3 and QL4, and have the majority of a Paramedic program completed (minus 1 semester of rideouts).
I think that's it for now, just thought I'd see if I could find some answers from you guys out there.  Thanks in advance for any help,
Laura :)

First of all as for the difference in elements, there is not much difference. We have a "Navy" medic that has never been to sea yet I have a good friend who is an Airforce Medic who I met while he was on a ship then he went to an Army base. As for incentives you may receive it's up to the Career Manager. We send what is called a PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment Request) They look at what you've done and make a decision based on that. As a Reserve you have to do the CT through Ottawa not the CFRC. If you want the website let me know.

Said it once and I'll say it again, the differences in elements has only to do with the colour clothes and hat you wear to work - not alot else.  The incentives for your CT are at the discretion of CFHS and CFRG - you'll just have to ask and see.

Good luck.

MM

Back