• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ACSO and AEC Merger Moving Closer?

Gazoo

Inactive
Reaction score
This debate/discussion has been going on for a long time, but with some of the recent promotions, appointments and other activity in our occupations, I believe the merger of the two occupations will now happen before I retire.
Any thoughts, or am I still crazy?

Just after posting this a few quotes came to mind:
"submit to the will of the collective",
"resistance is futile",
"you will be assimilated"....

Gazoo said:
This debate/discussion has been going on for a long time, but with some of the recent promotions, appointments and other activity in our occupations, I believe the merger of the two occupations will now happen before I retire.

Care to elaborate?  (Not sarcastic...genuinely interested)

Dimsum said:
Care to elaborate?  (Not sarcastic...genuinely interested)
In a canforgen today there was another AEC promoted to BGen, but it wasn't the one that was rumored.  Apparently the one rumored is still a 'go'.  Now I know for most occupations having four generals is certainly nothing impressive, but AEC hasn't been an operational occupation for long and 10 years ago we had no generals.  Also the fact that the Col promoted was occuping an ACSO position and there are others.
In my opinion it seems that both occupations things are happening that seem to signal change.
Again maybe it is just me, but what are others hearing?

When you look at the actual appointments you don't see a pattern that leads one to conclude that an ACSO/AEC merger is an AF priority.

I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that ACSO and AEC will be merged.  I've heard rumours about it and that is all.  I honestly don't see how the trades are similar enough to merge them together and I don't understand what would be gained with such a move.   

Back