• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

accepted my offer now waiting for enrollment information

puddle_son

Inactive
Reaction score
I was offered a position last week and gladly accepted it. The recruiter I talked to said that they would email me some information that I would need.  So i waited a week and still haven't got any emails, I have been trying to get a hold of the recruiting centre all yesterday and today to see what was up but no one has answered the phone, which i find fairly strange.  I left messages on several voice mails asking them to get back to me and still nothing.  My enrollment ceremony is next week and i leave for BMQ 2 days later so I need kinda need to know what I will need and if their are any forms i need to fill out before my enrollment.  Any advice is appreciated thank you.

If I remember correctly, someone posted on the Canadian Forces facebook group(unofficial) saying the Vancouver CFRC was closed for the week for some staff training(?).  IMO, safe to assume that if Vancouver is closed, the det in Victoria may be closed as well. No idea if this is true or not though.

^ this. I don't know which recruiting center is the one near your locality, but if it's a small one, they might be on some vacations. There is somebody in, but can he get on the phone? Let me clarify my point (since I'm not even sure I understand my own post...)

I went to a CFRC near me to drop some paper work. Everyone was on vacation or away for training exept 1 captain and 2 sergeants. They were running everywhere to fill every spot... I even helped carrying few cardboard boxes before leaving.

Go there in person, you'll be fixed.

That might explain why I can't reach anyone at the recruiters.  Still not sure how to get this information for enrollment but thank you.

-Skeletor- said:
If I remember correctly, someone posted on the Canadian Forces facebook group(unofficial) saying the Vancouver CFRC was closed for the week for some staff training(?).  IMO, safe to assume that if Vancouver is closed, the det in Victoria may be closed as well. No idea if this is true or not though.

-Skeletor- said:
If I remember correctly, someone posted on the Canadian Forces facebook group(unofficial) saying the Vancouver CFRC was closed for the week for some staff training(?).  IMO, safe to assume that if Vancouver is closed, the det in Victoria may be closed as well.

Can confirm at least some of the staff in Vancouver are away until July 29th, not sure if all of them are, but when I emailed them recently, I got told by my file manager some of the staff were "on remote" until then, and got an automatic Out of Office reply when I tried to email a different member of staff directly. puddle_son, do you have any emails from your file manager or other staff at the recruiting center? Try sending them an email and see if you get an automatic reply.

Also, since it is probably just general information you need, you could try calling other recruiting centers to get the answers to your questions. There are a few guys on this site who could probably let you know, but just in case they aren't able to help, I would call around a few different places tomorrow you don't wanna wait and have it be the weekend before you know it.

Just checked:

http://www.forces.ca/en/centres/findarecruitmentcentre-110

Victoria
"We will be closing at 1100 on 18 July for our ROTP ceremony. We will be closed for the week of 22-26 July for Professional Development."

JM2345 said:
Can confirm at least some of the staff in Vancouver are away until July 29th, not sure if all of them are, but when I emailed them recently, I got told by my file manager some of the staff were "on remote" until then, and got an automatic Out of Office reply when I tried to email a different member of staff directly. puddle_son, do you have any emails from your file manager or other staff at the recruiting center? Try sending them an email and see if you get an automatic reply.

Thank you I got an automatic reply saying that the recruiter was out of the office and it gave me the contact info for another recruiter that is still there.
Thank you all for the help and quick responses. I getting worried, but should be all settled tomorrow.

No wonder CFRC staff are 'too busy'; it seems all you people do is voicemail and email bomb them.  >:D

I'm assuming you are going Reg Force and leaving for CFLRS?

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/bic-cib/index-eng.asp

Back