• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Academic transcripts - Questions [MERGED]

They requested photocopies of each transcript(not diploma).  The high school one u need to go pick up (for me they only did em on Wednesdays for some reason I dunno I hope it's not the same for you) if you live out of town you can call and request it though someone in your family with ID/consent needs to pick it up. It'll cost you $5.
Your post secondary one is roughly $25 bucks and all I did was call and they mailed it to me.  Much easier.
Now the CF as I said requests photocopies when u send it in as part of your application BUT when you go in for your test/interview you need to bring the ORIGINALS with you.  And by the sounds of it they're gonna recopy em lol.
This has been my recent experience as they called last week with said details and to book my CFAT for October.

Hope this helps.

-T.

Thanks guys.

So I don't need to get my diploma? Also, Fotoshark did you apply online for rotp?

I don't really know why Fotoshark is saying that you do not need your diploma. And I'm not one to argue, but if I was you, I would bring it just in case. I'm just going off what the supported document says, and it says to bring, under section 5 of the source documentation,:

"Diplomas, certificates, and school transcripts"

Never hurts to be safe. You can download the CFRC Checklist document in PDF form which I linked to in my last post in this topic.

Make your decision from there.

Didn't mean you didn't need it at all sorry i was talkin transcripts. 

No just reg force online for me applied MP and Supply Tech.

-T.

Transcripts cannot be issued by the High School itself. Official Sealed Transcripts (which the CFRC will only accept) are only mailed by the Ministry of Education of the province in which you completed/attended High School.

For Example, Alberta: You would either fill out the online or mail-in application for your transcript along with either credit card payment or personal cheque payable to Minister of Finance. The envelope would be addressed to: Alberta Education - High School Transcripts and Diplomas

University Transcripts can be ordered and obtained at your University's Admission/Registrar Kiosk or the Student Assistance Officer (Academic Guidance) for a charge of $20 for 2-3 pick up or $28-$30 for same day pick up.

It states on the high school transcript that you graduated and if you did so with honours(in BC anyways.)

I brought my original copy with me and a photocopy, gave them the photocopy and they sighted the original.

For my Uni transcript I just brought in the one I printed off online. (It was called an advising transcript, showed all my grades and credits) and there has not been a problem with it as of yet. (finished CFAT, medical, waiting for an interview)

LOLslamball said:
It states on the high school transcript that you graduated and if you did so with honours(in BC anyways.)

I brought my original copy with me and a photocopy, gave them the photocopy and they sighted the original.

For my Uni transcript I just brought in the one I printed off online. (It was called an advising transcript, showed all my grades and credits) and there has not been a problem with it as of yet. (finished CFAT, medical, waiting for an interview)

I guess it varies then. Both CFRC Vancouver and CFRC Calgary wanted official sealed transcripts - no photocopies.

lethalLemon said:
Transcripts cannot be issued by the High School itself. Official Sealed Transcripts (which the CFRC will only accept) are only mailed by the Ministry of Education of the province in which you completed/attended High School.

For Example, Alberta: You would either fill out the online or mail-in application for your transcript along with either credit card payment or personal cheque payable to Minister of Finance. The envelope would be addressed to: Alberta Education - High School Transcripts and Diplomas

University Transcripts can be ordered and obtained at your University's Admission/Registrar Kiosk or the Student Assistance Officer (Academic Guidance) for a charge of $20 for 2-3 pick up or $28-$30 for same day pick up.

In Ontario, within 10 years of graduation, the high school guidance office can issue your official transcript, complete with notary, sealed in an envelope.  There is a fee of $10 per each transcript. 

And you do not need to bring in the diploma itself as it says directly on the official transcript if you received your secondary school diploma.

ColdNorth said:
In Ontario, within 10 years of graduation, the high school guidance office can issue your official transcript, complete with notary, sealed in an envelope.  There is a fee of $10 per each transcript. 

And you do not need to bring in the diploma itself as it says directly on the official transcript if you received your secondary school diploma.

Was gonna say, here in Ontario you CAN get it at the high school states right on the boards website.  If there were an option to get it by mail I would've and it wouldn't have taken me 2 weeks some miscommunication and a lot of gas wasted to get mine lol
Only cost me $5.  Apparently only cost a friend of mine at a different school $1.50 but the validity of that is quite doubtful.
When they hand it to you it is stamped and sealed, it's still official. 
As for photocopies as stated already several times now (even in the application paper work from the Forces site) photocopies are only to be mailed to the recruiting center.  You WILL need to bring the originals with you either when you take your test or when you go for your interview.  Was told this directly from a recruiter one week ago.

-T.

ColdNorth said:

When I went to pick up my transcript, the guidance office said if you graduated within 2 years, you get your first transcript free.

I ordered both my Ontario High school and College transcripts this summer for my application to the CF. (I also applied to college this summer and the cost of the transcripts using the Ontario college enrollment procedures were the same as when I ordered them for myself)  The College transcript was available for purchase directly from the college website - it cost 10$ + 1.30$ shipping and a 2 week wait (to the day) and I graduated 21 years ago... My High school transcript was available from the local school board for the fine cost of 22$ plus shipping and I finished high school over 21 years ago :D hehe   

For those of us a wee bit longer in the tooth - the notations on the courses we took back in the day have changed over the years - the designation for advanced courses then is what they are using today for the general - Thankfully my interviewer commented that I didn't have the *advanced* math to apply for RMS Clerk... I was able to show him on the back of that transcript the annotations had changed and that in fact - I was well qualified to be able to proceed with that trade option.

If I am applying online then I will have to send photocopies of my transcripts to the CFRC right? But if the official transcripts are sealed, then when I open it to scan it then It wouldn't be technically 'official' anymore right? So does that mean it's fine to bring an unsealed transcript to my interview?

Sadukar09 said:
When I went to pick up my transcript, the guidance office said if you graduated within 2 years, you get your first transcript free.

Lucky ivE had to pay twice now lol once when I applied to college years ago and second time to apply to the forces lol. Not that they're expensive tho.

Your transcript is still official if opened it's stamped with your schools crest/seal whatever it's called can't remember off the top of my head currently.

-T.

Unfortunately the high schools in the states are complicated. With less than average record managing skills. I learned this the hard way requesting my transcript once i left high school.

I got my high school transcript. My mom called the guidance office at my school, (they required me to leave a message on their phone) and my brother picked it up for me since he goes to my old high school. Anyways it costed me 10 bucks (Ontario) and I graduated in 2010.

As for my university transcript, it cost's 10 bucks as well but takes 5 business days. Should I just print the transcript that I can get online for free? It is my unofficial transcript so the only difference would be its missing the signature and stamp. On the Forces website it doesn't say we need "official" transcripts, it just says transcripts.

LOLslamball said:

I have the same thing that I can print off.

I am starting my application this Friday.

I didn't finished my college program and only completed half a term.  I have all my other documents together (birth certificate/high school trans/other certs) and ready to mail in for my application.  Do I need to include my college transcript?

Edit: I did put 1 year but not completed on my online application.

There is a reason they ask for them... Give them what you can. If what you can give them is only half a term, then provide them with half a term.  When I did my application, I had to provide them with my transcript less the last semester and finally when I was done, they wanted my whole transcript including the term I had just finished, so I had to buy my transcripts twice. No big deal, the payout of serving my country is more than buying school transcript twice.

Good luck to you.

So i have my CFAT booked for May 19th and one of the things I need to bring with me are my official College and High School transcripts. My question is if the transcripts need to be in sealed envelopes sent by the schools so that they are official and unopened, or can the transcript be already opened? I have my official college and Ontario High School Student Transcripts but they aren't in some unopened envelopes with the sealed logo or sticker of my schools. Will that be ok? What did your high school transcript look like when you brought it to your CFAT?

Question about Academic transcripts 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/102658.0

As always, best to contact Recruiting.

See also:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+transcript&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=OZ06Vb_0L4eN8Qe_i4GgDA&gws_rd=ssl

I had the same concern as you. I brought my unopened Official Transcripts to the CFRC and the recruiter there opened it and said it would have been okay if I had opened it anyway. As long as your school(s) don't stamp "Unofficial" on the transcript itself, you will be fine.

Back