• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Academic standing and NCM rank

enguehard

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi

I understand that a university degree allows you to enter the army as an officer, but one thing which is not made clear on army website is whether or not a university degree will affect your standing as an NCM.

Will it speed up your advancement? Will it start you off as something other than a Pvt?

Thanks for your help.

Depends what trade you get and what degree you have. On my brothers basic, he had a few air force guys that were univsersity grads, an when they completed BMQ they were promoted to Cpl, skipped their QL3 an went straight to Cold Lake to work with their unit. Forget what trade they were though. But it doesn't work for all trades. For the most part to advance in rank, you need time in an courses/qualifications.

When you submit all your grades, transcripts, etc someone reviews these things and evaluates what you may be able to bypass as far as trade training. Or thats what they are doing with me. I have a BSc, a technologists diploma, and Ambulance coarse.All of which may or may not help me get promoted faster. It really depends. Of coarse your civi schooling must be applicable to the trade you are appling for (as I'm told). What trade are you applying/considering?

I'm considering the combat arms, Infantry....but I'm completing a BAhons. in Philosophy, so it's not really applicable, I guess.

Back