• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

About following orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paik

Inactive
Reaction score
Pardon my reference to a science fiction show in my first post on this site, but I've been lurking for a bit now, and while I don't have much to add to any of the other discussions (though I do enjoy reading what everyone else has to say  :)) I had a question I hoped someone here could answer for me.

The other day I was watching Stargate SG-1 and two of the main characters, a colonel (Jack) and a captain (Sam) where going to go against direct orders of their General, knowing they faced a court martial when they returned from their mission. Jack told Sam that she could choose to come if she wanted to, that it wasn't an order. I wondered that, had it been real life and not wacky TV, if Jack had ordered Sam to go would she have been able to escape the court martial because of it?

And as an add-on question, is there any leeway in obeying orders from a CO?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
-Paik

Never EVER confuse televison, movies and acting in general with REALTY. Two different things.

Yes, I realise, but that's why I'm asking the question. What would happen if you were given an order that could get you in trouble with the law? Are you allowed to refuse it? Or does it all depend on what the order is?

Its what would be called an unlawful command.  You can't be ordered to do something illegal.

Thank you, CFL, for telling me what it was called. Like a good kid, I did a search and found other threads that answered my other questions, so I'll just quietly go back into the lurking shadows again.  :)

I don't give a slight fuck. You can lick my nuts Lick my nuts muskrat69.

Left, but edited.

Infantile demeanour combined with potty-mouth posts gets you a fast track in the progressive discipline system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back