• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A minor question about the rules surrounding timings.

Yup, got extra's myself for being late for a 0730 Bty Comd's morning Pde.  I showed up at 0720, cost me 5 extras and I learned the age old lesson of "15 minutes early for Bty Comds Pde means be 15 minutes earlier for Tp WO's pde."  So "15 + 15 = always show up 30 minutes prior".  Unless of course it's an Air Force event, in which they "really really" mean be there 15 minutes prior to the anointed time.

You guys need to step it up.

I just don't leave. I sleep hidden in dark corner nobody knows about, fully dressed and ready to go. No chance of ever being late.

Boss always wonders why I'm at work way before the building is even unlocked.

;D

DAA said:
Yup, got extra's myself for being late for a 0730 Bty Comd's morning Pde.  I showed up at 0720, cost me 5 extras and I learned the age old lesson of "15 minutes early for Bty Comds Pde means be 15 minutes earlier for Tp WO's pde."  So "15 + 15 = always show up 30 minutes prior".  Unless of course it's an Air Force event, in which they "really really" mean be there 15 minutes prior to the anointed time.

That's the way its been since Christ was a lance jack. The point though was we were all told by the TSM to be there at 0700 and if we were there at that exact minute then we were good to go as far as the TSM was concerned.

My problem with the whole thing is that the supervisor here seemed to have arbitrarily changed the time without notice to this troop. There should have been no repercussions to the trooper.

FJAG said:
My problem with the whole thing is that the supervisor here seemed to have arbitrarily changed the time without notice to this troop. There should have been no repercussions to the trooper.

Well, we only have one third of the story, the other two being the NCO's and the truth.

Regards

FJAG said:
That's the way its been since Christ was a lance jack. The point though was we were all told by the TSM to be there at 0700 and if we were there at that exact minute then we were good to go as far as the TSM was concerned.

You're right, that's the way it has always been.  So if my TSM/BSM/SSM told me to be there for 0700, then I definitely would have been there at 0630, just to make sure I wasn't the guy getting jacked and extra's on top of that for being late in someone's mind.

Punishing someone for obeying a lawful order who didn't pay attention to a suggested form of etiquette seems wrong.

If a timing is 7 and you want soldiers there 15 minutes beforehand then say be here 15 minutes before hand. Then it's a lawful order. 

DAA said:
Unless of course it's an Air Force event, in which they "really really" mean be there 15 minutes prior to the anointed time.

That would be 15ish minutes early for an e.g. 0800ish meeting.  That's we never charge people - hard to nail down definite timings.

DAA said:
Unless of course it's an Air Force event, in which they "really really" mean be there 15 minutes prior to the anointed time.

Or to be there at the actual time given, so you don't start burning up your crew day "for no good reason"  ;)

Nerf herder said:
Well, we only have one third of the story, the other two being the NCO's and the truth.

Regards

A good Jedi you will be young Nerf..... ;D

"Five minutes early to mark your map" comes to mind here.

ModlrMike said:

For a routine timing....the five minutes before "rule" is what I live by and expect.....this 15 minute before horsecr_p is just that...You're only officially late when you fail to make the timing ordered.....but missing the "five mins before" would receive my attention!

Not including a readiness to receive orders in this.....but again, you have a personal responsibility to be ready to the best of your ability.

There's 5 mins I won't get back....

ModlrMike said:

The traces I deal with on a regular basis a measly 5 minutes wouldn't even scratch the surface, even if you took it down in the proper priority. You might get a third of it copied if your very fast, hence the 15 minute mantra beaten into all Armd troops.

If 5 minutes works for you, have at 'er.

Nerf herder said:
The traces I deal with on a regular basis a measly 5 minutes wouldn't even scratch the surface, even if you took it down in the proper priority. You might get a third of it copied if your very fast, hence the 15 minute mantra beaten into all Armd troops.

If 5 minutes works for you, have at 'er.

That could inspire a whole new conversation on our OPP and whether tis better to have traces that require a master's in Egyptology to decipher or is a big red arrow in crayola labelled 'bad dudes' sufficient to signal the commanders intent!

Towards_the_gap said:
That could inspire a whole new conversation on our OPP and whether tis better to have traces that require a master's in Egyptology to decipher or is a big red arrow in crayola labelled 'bad dudes' sufficient to signal the commanders intent!

Obviously you don't believe in "Control measures".  Report Lines, Boundaries, Contact Points, Phase Lines, Objectives, Secondary Objectives, etc.

George Wallace said:
Obviously you don't believe in "Control measures".  Report Lines, Boundaries, Contact Points, Phase Lines, Objectives, Secondary Objectives, etc.

You mean there's more to the CF than just point and shoot?  ???

George Wallace said:

2 up, 1 in reserve, bags of smoke!!!

;D

ObedientiaZelum said:
Firebase opens fire 5 minutes prior to the timing given?

Sure that's not 15 minutes.

Otherwise someone is bound to be late ;D

Yeah, it's sucks when friendly arty rounds (is there really such thing???) arrive late to the party.

Back