• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Sayin it again. In a nation of 330 million they cannot find two relatively normal people to run for an election???

Strictly speaking, in this case it's not entirely the US government; it's political campaigns aiming at becoming part of the US government...

It’s a rather extraordinary story.
The USG has meddled in our election(s) more than any foreign entity

Don't you guys have some oath that includes protecting something from all enemies foreign and domestic ? ;)

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Republicans in White House, Republicans in Senate, Democrats in House.
Mm hm. And the broad legislature is not the ‘government’. That term is generally held to be the executive and cabinet.

So far I’m mostly seeing Twitter clamping down on non-consensual distribution of Hunter Biden dick picks. I’m still waiting for the massive scandal.

I’m not denying that Twitter’s management likely skewed left ideologically, but the entire media ecosystem typically has editorial bias to one side or the other. If I see knowing complicity in active promotion of disinformation campaigns, I would be much more concerned about there being meat to allegations of election interference.

The scandal turns on whether or not various entities sought to suppress stories about information on Hunter Biden's laptop that reasonably connects Joe Biden to corrupt practices (in particular, peddling his influence), and did it in order to influence the election. An agency is responsible for its people and therefore for thwarting attempts to put thumbs on scales.

Speculating that something serious and discreditable is disinformation, without reasonable proof that it is disinformation, is a kind of disinformation. Pretty much everyone understood and understands that the laptop stories had to be buried if Biden's election prospects were to be protected, and that burying that kind of story is election influence meddling. The fact that so many agencies had been willing to run stories based on claims ranging from poorly sourced to utterly ridiculous for so much of the time during the preceding years pre-emptively vacates any "we had to be careful" excuses coming from them.

The NYT has admitted it was wrong. CBS has admitted it was wrong. Jack Dorsey admitted Twitter's position was wrong. Now we know that others within Twitter knew it was wrong.

Generally a transaction is illegitimate if one of the parties conceals information the other party ought reasonably to have been given.

The extended family of former NJ governor Chris Christie keeping it classy.

Weird, but a good parallel to the current Hunter Biden story.

Both stories remain irrelevant to the related politician, and of little public interest. I really do not care about Hunter's nudes and drug problems.

You wanna talk about election meddling, then let's get serious and have a conversation about the influence of money (Citizens United, congressional insider trading) and foreign powers (Russia and China, a conversation Trudeau seems to be attempting to weasel himself out of these days). If not, then I don't think it's a serious conversation, just partisan grandstanding.

Also, the former President and ideological leader of the GOP calling for the termination of the Constitution. Much more concerning than this tabloid stuff.

Last edited:
Also, the former President and ideological leader of the GOP calling for the termination of the Constitution. Much more concerning than this tabloid stuff.
Yes.

Trump isn't the ideological leader of the GOP. Trump wears the GOP like a skin suit. Best not to forget that a lot of Republicans thought of him as a Democrat prior to and during his 2016 primary run.

“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,”

Still waiting for clarification on what he meant. "allows for" can be interpreted as "permits" or "enables" (as in: "removing that rock will allow for the water to flow better"). Obviously a completely different meaning if he meant that fraud enables all sorts of stuff to be ignored. Given his priors and the first sentence, I weight heavily to "permits", but before everyone waxes wroth he should be pinned down on it.

Back