• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Not surprising at all - but going radio silent for days and having subordinates deny deny deny - isn't exactly a solid approach for the guy running the Department of JUSTICE...
What, specifically was denied? Honest question; I’ve not caught all the detail on who’s said what.

So, on the warrant, I’m seeing reports that Trump has until 3 P.M. tomorrow to file an objection to the motion to unseal the warrant. Basically we’re seeing a brisk game of legal chicken being played. If Trump objects to unsealing the warrant (remember, it was the investigators who had to request it be sealed in the first place- the presumption is open court records), then the ball will be in his court to explain what he’s hiding. That’s a political consideration more than a legal one, of course.

LOL. Of course he was.

I wonder if he has compelling reasons to sign off on whatever is put infront of him.
You just couldn't make this stuff up. I'm sure everything is totally legit, like the last time.

Asset Forfeiture is a major thing.
Honestly in most cases it is a good thing - it financially hampers criminal activities - and gives back to LE.

BUT like anything, power can be abused, and unfortunately there are a number of areas where it is basically criminal extortion with a badge.
For sure. I always enjoy seeing big time criminals having their property and shit taken away, and especially giving it to the police to do their job better.

On the flip side seeing law abiding Americans screwed over by corrupt cops is terrible. Suspect it contributes to an even further devided America.

Explains itself.
Hmmm....looks strangely similar to this picture...

b11.png

So clearly a fake.

Unlike these...

Trump1.jpg
Trump2.jpg
Trump3.jpg

Trump4.jpg
Trump5.jpeg
And for the record, according to this article in Politico Judge Reinhart did not defend Epstein:

He worked as a federal prosecutor until Jan. 1, 2008, when a day later he became a defense attorney representing employees of Epstein, according to a 2018 story by the Miami Herald. According to the Herald, the employees included pilots for Epstein, his scheduler and a woman who had been described by some of Epstein’s victims as his sex slave.
[edited to add link to Politico article]

More predictable white noise. The affidavit will have been drafted with the assumption that every single letter of it will get ripped apart in subsequent appeals and will have to stand up to same. Who first considered the affidavit isn’t going to be important. A judge signed the warrant. If appealed, a different judge (or judges) will hear the appeal.

If you’re going to play the “judge had a tangential connection to Epstein game”, then it would be just as relevant to ask “ok, so why did Trump appoint him to the bench?” But that would be equally silly and meaningless. Trying to infer meaning in past legal work like that is pretty desperate.

You just couldn't make this stuff up. I'm sure everything is totally legit, like the last time.
Hmmm....looks strangely similar to this picture...

View attachment 72446

So clearly a fake.

Unlike these...

View attachment 72447
View attachment 72448
View attachment 72449

View attachment 72450
View attachment 72451
And for the record, according to this article in Politico Judge Reinhart did not defend Epstein:

[edited to add link to Politico article]

Oops. Nice find!

I missed this back in December of 2021... I wonder if he is back on the case? :LOL: This should build trust.

No you don’t. If you actually wondered that you would have read in that same article that he no longer works for the FBI. The most cursory of additional looks would have found a dozen articles indicating he was fired.

So you don’t wonder that. You’re trolling the thread with a red herring, and trying to cast doubt on the integrity of the judicial system as a whole, and investigations of Trump in particular. At least the reductio ad Epstein has a factual nexus to the actual file at hand.

No you don’t. If you actually wondered that you would have read in that same article that he no longer works for the FBI. The most cursory of additional looks would have found a dozen articles indicating he was fired.

So you don’t wonder that. You’re trolling the thread with a red herring, and trying to cast doubt on the integrity of the judicial system as a whole, and investigations of Trump in particular. At least the reductio ad Epstein has a factual nexus to the actual file at hand.
Meh... I don't think I have that much influence.

Ugh. A man who called for “war” and for killing FBI agents in response to the Mar-A-Lago search is dead after trying to breach an FBI office in Ohio, leading police on a chase, and exchanging gunfire in a standoff.

This has been coming together over the past couple hours, but it appears that one Ricky Shiffer called for violence/“war”, including murdering FBI on sight, after and because of the Mar-A-Lago search. These proclamations were made on right wing social media including, I believe, Truth Social. Today he attacked an FBI office in Cincinnati, but was unable to get in. He led police on a chase, exchanged gunfire, and I’m seeing reports that he’s dead. It also appears he was present on January 6th. During his standoff with police he continued to post, including to the effect that he incorrectly thought he had a way through bullet proof glass.

I haven’t seen a good concise news story summing it up yet. Probably by later this evening. Some decent initial stuff off Twitter including a scraping of some of his social media posts. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of any of this, but his accounts are still up and visible as of a short time ago.

I fear this will only get worse.

Last edited:
A couple of interesting developments:

First: DOJ has moved to unseal the documents to related the search of Donald Trumps Florida residence.

Second: The FBI search of Trumps residence was to look for "nuclear related" documents. Now this is speculation based on the usual "unnamed" sources, but if true may explain the reason behind the search.

I mean, just because it was Saudi terrorists responsible for 9/11, why not give them US nuclear TSSA materials?

A couple of interesting developments:

First: DOJ has moved to unseal the documents to related the search of Donald Trumps Florida residence.

Second: The FBI search of Trumps residence was to look for "nuclear related" documents. Now this is speculation based on the usual "unnamed" sources, but if true may explain the reason behind the search.

Clearly a minor thing…

Apparently they asked them to return said documents and were told no. Hence the warrant and search to get them.

Back