• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

On the other hand, allowing them to continue legitimizes them, so they see that these methods are working and are incentivized to continue doing so (or worse).

I have been steering clear of these types of discussions, especially when temperatures were high and tempers were frayed.

But.

The Right doesn't need their own to validate their tactics. They have plenty of viable examples from The Left.

Politics.

Militants of the Right
Militants of the Left
The Civil Middle
The Dongivadam Party

My view is that the problem is that the Civil Middle is being driven defecting to the Dongivadam Party leaving the field to the Militants of the Right and Left.

And until the Politicians stop playing footsie with the Militants and start serving the Civil Middle then the Dongivadams will increase in number and Hobbes will be proven right.

The young are aggressive.

They find safe outlets for their aggression

There is always an excuse for a punch-up. And everybody loves a good punch-up. So long as nobody gets hurt. (The punchees are nobodies). And it is morally defensible. If everybody agrees. (The punchers are everybody).

Some find their safe excuses in gangs, some in sports, some in religion, some in politics and some in government. Or some combination of all of the above.

So, is Peter Pan our problem? The kids who never grow up. The pensioners who give moral cover to the young.

Or is the situation one of the universe's immutables that must be accommodated?

No idea what the answer is. My own inclination is to accommodate until I can't tolerate.

Yes. The story apparently has been growing quickly. It's high comedy; so many people and agencies who solemnly warn about Russian disinformation and influence blew right through the gate marked "is this for real, and am I about to make a prodigious leap into being a useful idiot?" on the mere mention of an improbable leak (from who? for what reason?) in an article full of hedges ("suggests, seems, appears").

"Professional" media don't need to blame pajama bloggers for eroding the credibility of public discourse; they are tearing themselves down much more rapidly than anyone else could.

They're just prepping the ground for the next election, in case he runs.
Next election? Don't be surprised if the left doesn't try impeach him again, based on the Guardian article. Hell, they might even get Schiff out of the cupboard.😁 They're trying everything else now. It should be quite interesting to see the ways they'll try go after him with once he announces. 😉

Next election? Don't be surprised if the left doesn't try impeach him again, based on the Guardian article. Hell, they might even get Schiff out of the cupboard.😁 They're trying everything else now. It should be quite interesting to see the ways they'll try go after him with once he announces. 😉
Wait, maybe Arizona recalls their electors and does an election redo. 😂. The evidence of significant election fraud is mounting.

The evidence of significant election fraud is mounting.
The 2020 US Presidential Election has been LOCKED since 14 Nov., 2020. Why keep bringing it up?

The 2020 US Presidential Election has been LOCKED since 14 Nov., 2020.

Why keep bringing it up?
He's not. He never mentioned 2020. That's your fixation. He's talking about current events. That's how I read it anyway. It not worth derailing things further.

Back