• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Yes, you keep coming back to tell us how uninteresting you find the whole thing.
The topic puts me too sleep,......but the mental gymnastics folks will do to appear superior to others is absolutely sitcom worthy.

A page here, a page there...

"Lembas bread. And look. More lembas bread."
Important context: Biden’s personal lawyer lacks a security clearance. As soon as he found the first classified document at Biden’s residence he stopped the search and called it in. That was appropriate. White House counsel with clearance attended the scene, continued the search and found the additional five (or six? not sure if that’s the total?) documents.

Anticipating the obvious objection- why didn’t they send cleared lawyers to search in the first place? Fair and I don’t know. I imagine there are quite a few locations Biden has made use of, and, coupled with this being an arguably ‘personal’ (versus in the scope of his duties as it’s tied to time out of office), his personal counsel may have been more appropriate for places where they didn’t expect to find anything. But it would be a fair question to ask and to expect a reasonable answer on.

Who sends their lawyers to clean out closets?
In these circumstances who else would be a better choice? Using counsel to search for and review documents where there’s some potential legal process or jeopardy is totally reasonable. After all, this wasn’t ‘cleaning out closets’, but rather a search to ensure compliance after something was already found elsewhere. Using a lawyer is the right call. Probably why Trump did it too, with the Mar-a-Lago storage area.

Who sends their lawyers to clean out closets?

Having once hired a lawyer to clean bedpans, I consider it an appropriate profession to be assigned shitty jobs. 😎

The context.
During OP PASSAGE in Rwanda 1994, we hired a number of locals to do menial (and a few non-menial) chores. At the start of the humanitarian operations in country we were favoured as one of the better groups for local employment. That was primarily because at the start we paid better than most of the NGOs, however even our "better wages" were pitiful in comparison to what a minimum wage would be in Canada. Our pay for locals was reduced when complaints were made in some of the coordination meetings that our rates were too high. For the locals a job that paid cash money in a country that had collapsed was a ticket for survival.

After we had been there a while with the hospital up and running with a semblance of a functioning system, we realized we didn't need as many of the locals doing the jobs they had originally been hired for. While we didn't actually "lay off" excess workers, some of them did leave or create problems when they were moved from the more prestigious jobs (interpreting) to the more menial (cleaning). On one particular day I had occasion to fire two of the locals whose jobs had changed and they were not happy about it. When I brought them down to the Adjt (who handled the cash) to pay them out, he told me that a local was at the gate looking for a job and he might have some skills that we could put to use.

Enter the lawyer (or at least someone who claimed to be a lawyer). He spoke reasonable English and French (actually his French was better than mine), showed me documents that purported to be confirmation of his legal education at a university in Belgium, presented himself well and was ready to immediately start work "doing anything" in his words. If he had showed up when we first arrived in-country he would have been an ideal interpreter, however we had a full slate of what we judged to be an adequate number of 'terps. At the time my biggest concern was keeping the hospital clean, not an easy task when under canvas and most in-patients were there because of gastro-intestinal complaints. At that particular moment, I needed someone who would clean and disinfect the many bedpans that were being well used. I'll admit I took a little perverse pleasure in giving a lawyer the task (if he wanted it - but it was the only job I offered him). He did it and did it well. That gentleman is most likely in his 60s now and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in government or the legislature. Unfortunately, I don't remember his last name.

In these circumstances who else would be a better choice? Using counsel to search for and review documents where there’s some potential legal process or jeopardy is totally reasonable. After all, this wasn’t ‘cleaning out closets’, but rather a search to ensure compliance after something was already found elsewhere. Using a lawyer is the right call. Probably why Trump did it too, with the Mar-a-Lago storage area.
That would imply they knew about the documents beforehand and didn't just happen to come across them during a clean up of the office, as they claim. I believe Trump's lawyers were called when they found out about the warrant.

Personally, I think the Dems and the media have had enough of Biden, his gaffes and his policies. They are fitting him for a noose. Don't be surprised that when things start getting really hot for him in the House, he'll be diagnosed as mentally incompetent and unable to answer any questions. Just speculating.

Back