• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

60 Minutes

H

Harry

I missed the portion on Canada, anyone able to provide a Coles Notes version?

But seriously, folks....our liberal policies allow those waiting for refugee claims to be investigated apply for, and live on, social welfare, to travel (including to Afghanistan to take part in terrorist training camps), to put their kids through school, to work, etc., etc.

I didn‘t really pay attention because I‘ve heard enough bad news already, but it seemed even handed to me. The Yanks have every right to be pissed with us for our lax security and our inability to pull our weight with our small military. That wasn‘t really discussed on the show, naturally.

Of course, we have every reason to be pissed over soft-wood lumber. Actually, Global had a good discussion last night too that was superior to the 60 Minutes discussion.

After what I was told today, I am amazed that we haven‘t been the subject of a planned US Op. :eek:

I was reminded of the similarities to the circumstances around the wife of Mohamed Farrah Aidid, leader of the Habr Gidr, a powerful Somalian warlord who was the focal point of the incident dubbed ‘Black Hawk Down‘.

In case no one remembers, she was on welfare in London, ON. About once a month or so she would fly overseas for official warlord functions, etc. She was living a rather opulent life but our friends in Immigration did nothing, even after the media got wind of it. Immigration was more concerned who on the inside blew the whistle, there in breaching her rights. :rage:

At least we will get to see the Deputy PM on TV a little more with his Beaker Look and those goofy eyes, anyone ever see him when his left eye goes all whonkie or locks shut? :blotto:

Originally posted by Harry:
[qb]After what I was told today, I am amazed that we haven‘t been the subject of a planned US Op. :eek:

I was reminded of the similarities to the circumstances around the wife of Mohamed Farrah Aidid, leader of the Habr Gidr, a powerful Somalian warlord who was the focal point of the incident dubbed ‘Black Hawk
In case no one remembers, she was on welfare in London, ON. About once a month or so she would fly overseas for official warlord functions, etc. She was living a rather opulent life but our friends in Immigration did nothing, even after the media got wind of it. Immigration was more concerned who on the inside blew the whistle, there in breaching her rights. :rage:

At least we will get to see the Deputy PM on TV a little more with his Beaker Look and those goofy eyes, anyone ever see him when his left eye goes all whonkie or locks shut? :blotto: [/qb]
Manley was on 60 Minutes actually, and I think his interview was the weakest. Too bad, I was rather impressed with him after 9/11 as he seemed far more alert than Chretien, but he really looked bad in the interview last night.

Back