• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

Four more members of the ‘Oathkeepers’ militia have been convicted at trial of Seditious Conspiracy (and other felonies).

Not sure when sentencing will be; their leader Stewart Rhodes is to be sentenced for the same offense in April.

Stewart Rhodes, 58, leader of the Oath Keepers militia, has just been sentenced to 18 years in prison for Seditious Conspiracy against the United States. He wasn’t physically present at the Capitol, nor a direct participant in violence. The judge has absolutely blasted him and his actions in delivering the sentence. The just endorsed a terrorism enhancement to sentencing requested by prosecutors.

I’ll try to find and post some of the judge’s comments later.

Yup, there was a flurry of sentences for Oath Keepers and various others last week. I only posted the couple of most prominent leadership figures.

There’s a whole lot of finding out going on.

Yup, there was a flurry of sentences for Oath Keepers and various others last week. I only posted the couple of most prominent leadership figures.

There’s a whole lot of finding out going on.

jimmy carter death GIF

Wow, interesting update on this stuff: DOJ is appealing the sentences given to I think all of the Oathkeepers- they’re contending that all of the sentences were well below sentencing guidelines (ai think it was the same judge in all of them). This includes appealing the 18 years given to leader Stewart Rhodes.

A sentence appeal by prosecutors is rarely heard of.

A flurry of sentencing for some convicted Proud Boys.

Wankers.
Yup- and the best is getting saved for last. Enrique Tarrio was supposed to be first up but the judge was sick, so his sentencing is now on Tuesday. Real possibility that as the leader of the Proud Boys he could catch the longest sentence.

Enrique Tarrio, leader of the Proud Boys militia, gets 22 years in federal prison for Seditious Conspiracy, the longest sentence yet.

This is the bulk of the very high profile cases done with now I believe- I don’t know if any edition trials/sentences remain outstanding, but this will be the high water mark. January 6th prosecutions continue of course, and each week authorities identify and arrest more participants. It will be quite some time yet before this is all done with.

Three years to the day, FBI located and arrested three Jan 6th fugitives who are charged with assaulting police outside the Capitol. Two of the three were previously on bail but cut off their ankle GPS monitors and fled last year.

They're hoping for an easy settlement; they won't get it. They've got frig all on this; it was a justified, clean, and restrained shoot (one shot only) that only came after the crowd was crossing a final line in the sand, beyond which the police would be unable to protect the people they were safeguarding. Sucks that she died, but it sucks that she put that officer in a position to have to use deadly force to protect the lives of the civilians he and others were defending and that the crowd was loudly expressing its wish to harm. And it worked. I'm just amazed there weren't several more people shot that day, given the totality of all the various assaults on police that we've seen video of.

Her family could have intervened earlier on her path to radicalization, but it doesn't seem like they did. Too bad.

They're hoping for an easy settlement; they won't get it. They've got frig all on this; it was a justified, clean, and restrained shoot (one shot only) that only came after the crowd was crossing a final line in the sand, beyond which the police would be unable to protect the people they were safeguarding.

Someone starts shouting 'he has a gun' but the police officer doesn't seem very visible. I wonder if she would have tried to smash her way through if the officer stood in-front of the window and pointed his blaster at her.

Someone starts shouting 'he has a gun' but the police officer doesn't seem very visible. I wonder if she would have tried to smash her way through if the officer stood in-front of the window and pointed his blaster at her.
He appears to have been trying to use the limited cover he had from at least some of the crowd.

I noticed that, he's mostly behind cover until he steps out to take a shot. It looks like the doorway was barricaded quite a bit but maybe he was worried someone in the crowd was armed. The guy walking around in the suit in the background didn't seem too concerned.

Back