• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

Did I say fake news? checks post nope. It wasn't a comment on the news it was a comment on your choice of news sources using humour. I'm no Charlie Hebdo (see what I did there?) but one tries.

I have standards for news media that isn't an unofficial mouthpiece for one side or the other. One's news should challenge your opinion not conform with it.
I often post articles critical of the Chinese government on my social media either about their human rights abuses, their interference in our politics and the Chinese-Canadian community, and the threat they pose to the Asia Pacific and the western liberal order. However, I don’t post just anything because it conforms with my world view. For instance, I won’t post anything from Epoch Times because it is, to be charitable, questionable at best. Same with other questionable non-MSM sources. If I can’t confirm it from a credible source, it’s probably fake news.

Perusing it now. Interesting note on UAVs being a worry at the inauguration.
UASs are now a worry at every public event. You could copy and paste that into essentially any major event threat assessment. And it really is a significant concern whose potential danger hasn't come close to being realized on domestic soil.

This is of course just the UNCLASS threat assessment. The versions at Secret or higher would be extremely interesting, particularly on the foreign influence side.

UASs are now a worry at every public event. You could copy and paste that into essentially any major event threat assessment. And it really is a significant concern whose potential danger hasn't come close to being realized on domestic soil.

This is of course just the UNCLASS threat assessment. The versions at Secret or higher would be extremely interesting, particularly on the foreign influence side.
A friend of mine had to leave an ERT and they moved him to the Int side of the house in his agency. When I saw him about three months after the move and asked him how it was going, his response was" I was never scared in my last job, now what I see scares the shite out of me."

A friend of mine had to leave an ERT and they moved him to the Int side of the house in his agency. When I saw him about three months after the move and asked him how it was going, his response was" I was never scared in my last job, now what I see scares the shite out of me."
Yeah. Once you peek behind the curtain the world sucks just that much more.

Yeah. Once you peek behind the curtain the world sucks just that much more.
Was at a dinner once with Dick Fadden as the guest speaker. I had a 4-5 minute chat with him afterwards that reinforced the “F me!” sense of his dinner speech. Our NSIA currently is not nearly if the same calibre of Fadden.

Was at a dinner once with Dick Fadden as the guest speaker. I had a 4-5 minute chat with him afterwards that reinforced the “F me!” sense of his dinner speech. Our NSIA currently is not nearly if the same calibre of Fadden.
I met Richard Fadden once after a conference, and like you, had a chance to chat with him for a few minutes after. (Along with some of my colleagues at the time.)

He struck me as a very switched on, intelligent, stand up guy who knew the intelligence world pretty darn well. It's the only time I've ever come close to really chatting/interacting with him, but he seemed like a pretty smart man.

... I can only assume that what I see Trump’s lawyers say, is true. I'm pretty sure they can't lie in public to the public, as opposed to faceless, unknowns on the internet giving their opinions as fact ...
You cut this type of slack for Democrat's lawyers, too? :LOL:

Meanwhile, here's a 6-pager from the Congressional Research Service giving a bit of background on any possible impeachment/trial for a former President.

Attachments

• LSB10565.pdf
    652.9 KB · Views: 3
You cut this type of slack for Democrat's lawyers, too? :LOL:

Meanwhile, here's a 6-pager from the Congressional Research Service giving a bit of background on any possible impeachment/trial for a former President.
Thanks for the poke, but I already got a professional opinion. Have a nice day.

Only after he's got nothing to lose anymore that he's finally turning against Trump:

Only after he's got nothing to lose anymore that he's finally turning against Trump:

Not sure if he can stop worrying. He got reelected in Nov, but he's made millions of enemies from Trump supporters in his state. Then there's Trump and you can take that one anywhere you guess.

Senator Mitch McConnell is not up for re-election until 2027. He'll be 85 years old by then, and already had a triple heart bypass. He is wealthy, and married well.

So, at this stage of his life, he may be more concerned with his legacy in American history.

And who knows? Six years is a long time in politics. He may win re-election. 🤷‍♂️

Back