• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5km run opinion

Doom

Inactive
Reaction score
What would you guys say is the average time a 5 km run should take ? i finished it in 23:13:32 Not sure if that's good time. what do you guys think?

23 hrs 13 mins and 32 secs?  You might want to pick it up a little...

Seriously, that is an alright time.  In terms of qualifying for running at CF Nationals you would need to run a 5km in 19 mins (for males under 40) and in 24 mins for females (under 40).  I guess it all depends on what you want to achieve from your running. 

Doom 5k in 23min will get you through basic. A good time is 5 minutes per km and you've passed that; good job :)

Doom .. I've been doing my 5km in 24 mins ... I've always heard the you should average 25 mins ...

I've heared the 5 mins/km rule too, i guess just keep shooting for higher
i found on basic that running was not my problem it was the full fighter order march`s the quick pace march, it always gave me shin splints and cramps
and i can run the distances we were marching

Wow, we (USarmy) do around 3 1/2k and after that I'm kind of ready to die. But I also usually run it at 14flat. I couldn't imagine still moving after that, say fuck it, and start walking. Haha. But when you got a sergeant yelling at you to keep moving, well, can't walk, eh? Must take some will power or maybe I'm out of shape? Hey, does anybody have a link to PT test scores? Kind of intrested in seeing how you guys do things.

Back