• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

$50 M contract to GM for Iltis replacement

(sigh ...)
So, let me get this straight:
They‘re going to buy one vehicle for the reserves, and a different one for the Regular Force?
Oh, wait - now it all makes so much more sense - after all, there will have to be a three-month conversion course for any reservist who plans on driving the Regular Force version/vehicle ...

Plus, the maintainers will get twice as much experience, since they‘ll have to repair two different types of vehicles (unless the civvie version has a lifetime GM warranty ... hmmm ... is there a GM dealership in Bosnia ... or Afghanistan ... or Iraq? After all, as already pointed out, we were told - in writing - that the Cougars would never be used as anything other than a tank trainer ... weren‘t we?)

Yup - this makes lots of sense.
I can‘t wait to see what type of rifles we get issued next (you know - the ones that use cheaper ammunition ... BB‘s, or caps ... or maybe we can just shout ‘bang, bang‘ ...)

Personally, I‘d rather buy some used HUMVEEs, so at least we‘d look like a real army (oh, silly me - there I go again, using that word - "real" - what was I thinking ... ?)

Back