• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5 Aug 2015: Gabriel Comeau, 161 CK Beveridge Air Cadets, R.I.P.

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Condolences to family, colleagues & friends ....

This, from The Canadian Press:
Military police are investigating the sudden death of a 13-year-old air cadet after he fell ill at a Nova Scotia military base.

Capt. Liam Mather, a spokesman for cadets in Atlantic Canada, says Gabriel Comeau of Saint John, N.B., fell ill Tuesday afternoon in his accommodations at 14 Wing at Canadian Forces Base Greenwood.

Mather says the cadet told a duty officer he felt sick, and the duty officer called emergency responders.

The boy was taken to the base’s medical clinic and later transferred to a hospital in Kentville, N.S., where he was pronounced dead.

There’s no word on the cause of death.

The Canadian Forces National Investigation Service, an investigative arm of the military police, is looking into the incident.

Mather says the boy was taking a three-week basic fitness and sports course, which promotes healthy living ....

This, from the Chief Reserves and Cadets:
“I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of 13-year-old Saint John Air Cadet Gabriel Comeau who was attending a three week course at the Greenwood Cadet Training Centre. I have been told by those close to him that Gabriel loved being a part of Air Cadets and he was so happy when he finally reached the age of 12 that he could sign up and be with his two older brothers to share the experience of Air Cadets together.

“Our summer training program involves thousands of Canadian youth ages 12 - 18 who are offered a very wide range of experiences and opportunities and we take the responsibility to protect the young people in our care very seriously. As is our practice in the event of any serious incident an investigation is underway.

“The Cadet organization is a national network and this tragic loss is being felt across our entire institution. We can only imagine the tremendous sadness of his family and close friends and our focus is on supporting and caring for Cadet Comeau’s family, fellow cadets and instructors at this time.

“On behalf of the Canadian Armed Forces, I offer my deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Cadet Comeau as well as his extended cadet family that includes the cadets and staff of the Greenwood Cadet Training Centre and 161 Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron in Saint John.”
Link to 161 CK Beveridge Air Cadets squadron Facebook page here.

Back