• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

32 Combat Engineer Regiment Any Members?

1911CoLt45

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
As the title states.  Are there any members on here that I could ask some questions pertaining to  the regiment?

Thank you
 

1911CoLt45

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Sorry!

Should have caught that as it is stated on the website, doh. 
Thanks NFLD SAPPER
 

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
10
Points
580
And as a warning to all when answering 1911CoLt45 question, please no airing out of 32 CER/2 FER dirty laundry or slagging any other Engineer Units ...........

MILNET.CA MENTOR
 

Ducal

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Though I'm pretty much a FNG with the unit, being in only for a little longer than a year and finishing up the last bit of my SQ, I'll answer any questions you have with the best of my abilities if you want any answers from me.
 

1911CoLt45

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello Ducal

Thanks for the reply back.  Originally I was interested in seeing if the unit was hiring, or who I would contact for recruitment purposes.  Plans have changed since then.  Thanks for your post it is appreciated.

Chimo
 

PanaEng

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi Colt,
I'm sure all the E regiments in LFCA can use more bodies.
Here in 33 CER we are pretty short on NCOs and are always looking for new sappers - we have enough officers, just barely, and a couple of them came from 32  :)

cheers,
Frank
 

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
10
Points
580
1911CoLt45 said:
Hello Ducal

Thanks for the reply back.  Originally I was interested in seeing if the unit was hiring, or who I would contact for recruitment purposes.  Plans have changed since then.  Thanks for your post it is appreciated.

Chimo

If that was your original question you should have come out with it earlier.... I have contacts at 32 that could have helped you.
 

Smirnoff123

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have been trying to get into the 32CER since August, but have had no luck thus far. I have not received any responses from the recruiters in regards to open positions, so I guess that answers the question itself  :-\
 

PanaEng

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
C.G.R said:
I have been trying to get into the 32CER since August, but have had no luck thus far. I have not received any responses from the recruiters in regards to open positions, so I guess that answers the question itself  :-\
Do you have the right contact information?
How are you contacting them?

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/32CER/2-0/uniling/recruiting/index-eng.html
Maybe they are pretty busy and expect you to start filling out the forms in that page  :nod: and send it to them with your questions (there are no obligations or commitments from filling these forms)
Or just pop in on a Friday night and talk to the recruiter during his/her info session.

Chimo!
Frank
 

Smirnoff123

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Or just pop in on a Friday night and talk to the recruiter during his/her info session.
Funnily enough, I actually went to one of those info sessions, apparently the security staff was hosting it because i never got past them. They just gave me a blank look and told me that they had never heard of an information session held by 32CER  :-\

Thanks for your help though  :), I will verify that I am contacting in the proper way, I have been emailing the address that is listed on their website.
 

Gunshark

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
If this wasn't the case before, you can now definitely get info and a tour of 32 CER on Friday nights at Denison Armoury. PM me if you need info on that. I am currently applying to the unit myself, wondering if any other applicants and members of 32 CER are browsing these forums? I haven't heard from the recruiters in a while, but I am hoping to enroll in the summer and begin BMQ in the fall. Apparently a number of staff will be gone on summer course (maybe this explains the delays), but someone should remain to look after the application files.
 

Teager

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
I'm a former member with friends still in the unit. The unit will most likely stand down at the end of June. This means no Friday night Parade. There will be a very small amount of staff that will continue to work Monday-Friday during the day. Don't know much about the hours of the unit recruiter but you can ask and find out. The unit will stand up again in September usually the first Friday of the month.
 

Gunshark

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Teager said:
I'm a former member with friends still in the unit. The unit will most likely stand down at the end of June. This means no Friday night Parade. There will be a very small amount of staff that will continue to work Monday-Friday during the day. Don't know much about the hours of the unit recruiter but you can ask and find out. The unit will stand up again in September usually the first Friday of the month.
Thanks, I didn't know about that. Does this happen every year? I was under the impression the Friday parade runs year-round, maybe minus the Christmas holidays.
 

Teager

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Yes, it happens every year with all Reserve units. The reason is that Summer is the time for courses and taskings so a lot of Reserve members are away from there units making it difficult to do training nights over the summer.
 
Top