• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

30 Sept 2017: Possible Terrorist Incident in Edmonton

We were all incredibly happy with his sentence, that's for sure.  We were all just surprised that the Crown didn't bring any terror related charges, given the memorabilia and statements he made.

Regardless, he's locked up for a long time.  :nod:

I posted the video mostly because:

a) I hadn't seen it yet, as it was only posted about 10 months ago despite the incident having occurred almost 3 years ago, and

b) I know there is another member of the Alberta law-enforcement community who comes here, who perhaps hadn't seen it

CBH99 said:
We were all incredibly happy with his sentence, that's for sure.  We were all just surprised that the Crown didn't bring any terror related charges, given the memorabilia and statements he made.

Regardless, he's locked up for a long time.  :nod:

I posted the video mostly because:

a) I hadn't seen it yet, as it was only posted about 10 months ago despite the incident having occurred almost 3 years ago, and

b) I know there is another member of the Alberta law-enforcement community who comes here, who perhaps hadn't seen it

Damn dude, I didn’t realize you were on the ground. Phenomenal work by everyone involved.

My guess with the lack of Terrorism charges is that it simply wouldn’t add anything to the prosecution. They had a slam dunk case on multiple attempt murder. Adding Terrorism charges wouldn’t have changed his jeopardy at all. Further, as soon as they went to prosecute that they would have to prove the ideological element, which would likely have required disclosure of some sensitive intelligence and National security info, and probably entail the need to run a separate S.38 hearing under the Canada Evidence Act in federal court. It would slow things down, potentially come promise other investigative efforts, and wouldn’t net him more years. While I’m speculating about this, I feel pretty confident that crown would have made the decision about what charges to move with, and that the excellent case on the straight criminal case rendered it redundant.

We haven’t heard of the injured officer in quite some time. How’s he doing?

Back