• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2nd Canadian Tunnelling Corp WW1

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
RE: 2nd Canadian Tunnelling Corp WW1

Posted by Alan Dean Mr from Heath Hayes staffs England on April 24, 1999 at 04:00:12:

My Grand father Joined the 33rd Infantry Battalion 1915
in Windsor Ontario. Was transfered to the 2nd Tunnelling Corp in 1916 in France was awarded th Military Medal in the field in 1917 wounded gas attack 1918, demobed in 1919. Does anybody out there know where 1. I can locate his citation for the M.M
2. What happened to the tunnelling corp
after the war.
3. Can I get a replica Medal.
I have all his records from the Canadian Archives but no citation. Every turn is a brickwall any help appriciated.

RE: 2nd Canadian Tunnelling Corp WW1

Posted by Alan Dean Mr from Heath Hayes staffs England on April 24, 1999 at 04:00:45:

My Grand father Joined the 33rd Infantry Battalion 1915
in Windsor Ontario. Was transfered to the 2nd Tunnelling Corp in 1916 in France was awarded th Military Medal in the field in 1917 wounded gas attack 1918, demobed in 1919. Does anybody out there know where 1. I can locate his citation for the M.M
2. What happened to the tunnelling corp
after the war.
3. Can I get a replica Medal.
I have all his records from the Canadian Archives but no citation. Every turn is a brickwall any help appriciated.

Re: RE: 2nd Canadian Tunnelling Corp WW1

Posted by Michael A. Dorosh from Canada on April 25, 1999 at 21:29:56:

In Reply to: RE: 2nd Canadian Tunnelling Corp WW1 posted by Alan Dean on April 24, 1999 at 04:00:45:

Did you look through the Canada Gazette? I don‘t know if MM awards were gazetted - maybe someone else can set me straight? Whoops! Just noticed your address. I know the University of Calgary library had copies of the Canada Gazette - maybe if you tried one of the larger eastern universities, someone there might be able to help you. Getting info from the National Archives, even if you are a Canadian, is hard to do unless you‘re actually "on the ground" in Ottawa. So don‘t feel bad, you‘re not the only one.

Replica medals are available. I‘ll try and find the name of a place it escapes me right now and post it here for you.

CANUCK Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back