• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

FTFY.

Its really the main problem we have within our Westminster-style parliament. I may like one local candidate more than the others, however, their Party (and Party Leader) influences more than their own personal merits or flaws.

I wonder how much more functioning our democracy would be, should we have a house full of Independants who vote on the Prime Minister and cabinet à la the Speaker. Pipe dream I know...
Is there a system that uses that sort of thing? I know Nunavut apparently has a government by consensus but are there any successful models out there to emulate?

Can’t say it wouldn’t be entertaining.
Ofcourse. Canada would split along similar regional lines as the Italians often have.

People forget that Kingdom of Italy only became a thing 6 years prior to our own Confederation.

The current Republic, its constitution, and its parliamentary system has only been around since 1946.

Is there a system that uses that sort of thing? I know Nunavut apparently has a government by consensus but are there any successful models out there to emulate?
Pierson's Puppeteers choose governments by concensus...

Putting this here because it's more dealing with leader/party position & associated politics rather than the actual fighting of the war in Ukraine.

Interesting stance by PP on this one ...
Boosters: How dare Canada impose a carbon tax on Ukraine?!?! Anything to do with carbon pricing is bad, so must be opposed.
Haters: If Canada has so little influence in the world, as Team Blue & supporters say, how can Canada truly twist Ukraine's arm if Ukraine doesn't want it? Way to leave Ukraine in the lurch - the start of cutting back of help to Ukraine?

When PP and the Tories do stuff like this, it’s almost like they don’t want to defeat Trudeau.

So Ukraine, who has had a carbon tax since 2011, and wants the trade bill passed, isn't getting Con support because they don't want to support carbon pricing?

Are they going to simlarly not support trade deals with the EU and others, if those countries have their own internal carbon pricing deals?

Do they understand Ukraine agreed to this, and it doesn't actually have any impact on the trade deal?

Really sick of this raging bi-partisan sniping, when they are ignoring real issues. What a collection of opportunistic POS that will cut off it's nose to spite their face if it wins points with their already commited base. Newsflash; sticking with just your base is why you keep losing.

Losing the glasses in a makeover doesn't change the fact that his only mode seems to be attack; it would be nice to see PP try and take the initiative to build something instead. If they hadn't been so fundamentally opposed to actual compromise the LPC-NDP agreement may not have come into place, and they may have been able to actually influence things, instead of sitting on the outside whinging like angry children.

Frustrating to see the people in charge of the country behaving like such a dysfunctional bunch of amateurs; if it was a workplace most would be fired for lack of performance and lack of team work.

So Ukraine, who has had a carbon tax since 2011, and wants the trade bill passed, isn't getting Con support because they don't want to support carbon pricing?

Are they going to simlarly not support trade deals with the EU and others, if those countries have their own internal carbon pricing deals?

Do they understand Ukraine agreed to this, and it doesn't actually have any impact on the trade deal?

Really sick of this raging bi-partisan sniping, when they are ignoring real issues. What a collection of opportunistic POS that will cut off it's nose to spite their face if it wins points with their already commited base. Newsflash; sticking with just your base is why you keep losing.

Losing the glasses in a makeover doesn't change the fact that his only mode seems to be attack; it would be nice to see PP try and take the initiative to build something instead. If they hadn't been so fundamentally opposed to actual compromise the LPC-NDP agreement may not have come into place, and they may have been able to actually influence things, instead of sitting on the outside whinging like angry children.

Frustrating to see the people in charge of the country behaving like such a dysfunctional bunch of amateurs; if it was a workplace most would be fired for lack of performance and lack of team work.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you identify a Trudeau supporter.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you identify a Trudeau supporter.
Oh get wrecked, I've clearly come out against Trudeau numerous times, and think they are both shitty leaders of failing political parties.

For someone who pushes for 'freedom' your blind obedience and faith to your political demogogues is really something.

Rational adults can criticize people for some things, acknowledge when they do well, but this guy is full of own goals and seems to be trying to actively push away voters who are looking for an alternative to the current Government.

If this is the best they can do, they just better hope that the LPC pisses people off more then they do, as they are positioning themselves to be a 'shitty in a different way' party, not an alternative people want to vote for because they agree with their platform and approach.

Hard to picture this guy as a leader, when he keeps acting like a CFL.

When PP and the Tories do stuff like this, it’s almost like they don’t want to defeat Trudeau.

Support for Ukraine has been falling. People aren't going to vote for the LPC on issues like this when our own house is falling apart.

Reactions: QV
Oh get wrecked, I've clearly come out against Trudeau numerous times, and think they are both shitty leaders of failing political parties.

For someone who pushes for 'freedom' your blind obedience and faith to your political demogogues is really something.

Rational adults can criticize people for some things, acknowledge when they do well, but this guy is full of own goals and seems to be trying to actively push away voters who are looking for an alternative to the current Government.

If this is the best they can do, they just better hope that the LPC pisses people off more then they do, as they are positioning themselves to be a 'shitty in a different way' party, not an alternative people want to vote for because they agree with their platform and approach.

Hard to picture this guy as a leader, when he keeps acting like a CFL.

Touched a nerve did I? That is a splendid rationale. :ROFLMAO:. What is pissing you off does not necessarily piss off the majority of people.

"Actively push away voters"... "own goals"... "shitty leader".... um the present data does not support what you state.

I think PP looks alot like Rick Moranis... I like Rick Moranis ;)

Rick Moranis GIF by Ghostbusters

Putting this here because it's more dealing with leader/party position & associated politics rather than the actual fighting of the war in Ukraine.

Interesting stance by PP on this one ...
Boosters: How dare Canada impose a carbon tax on Ukraine?!?! Anything to do with carbon pricing is bad, so must be opposed.
Haters: If Canada has so little influence in the world, as Team Blue & supporters say, how can Canada truly twist Ukraine's arm if Ukraine doesn't want it? Way to leave Ukraine in the lurch - the start of cutting back of help to Ukraine?

You actually should read the articles... You as a general term, not meant as you in particular @The Bread Guy

A couple of PPs quotes.

"Poilievre told reporters on Wednesday that his party supports free trade with Ukraine, pointing out that former Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper’s government had negotiated the original free trade deal in 2015. The deal took effect in 2017, when Trudeau was prime minister."

"Poilievre said that Conservatives would remove any reference to the carbon tax in the Canada-Ukraine free trade deal if his party took office, and would instead focus on providing Canadian energy and munitions to Ukraine so that it can defend itself against Russia’s invasion."

I am against Carbon Taxation too, and I wouldn't inflict it on another war torn country either. I stand with PP on this one.

By all accounts yesterday was not the best day for the CPC.

The mishap language about the bridge incident. Scheer’s doxing of two senators and Ukraine support.

Does it move the needle? I doubt it but death by a thousand cuts is a thing.

Hard core CPC types need to remember that PP isn’t that popular overall and that things right now are more about dissatisfaction with the liberals than being enamoured with the CPC.

You actually should read the articles... You as a general term, not meant as you in particular @The Bread Guy

A couple of PPs quotes.

"Poilievre told reporters on Wednesday that his party supports free trade with Ukraine, pointing out that former Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper’s government had negotiated the original free trade deal in 2015. The deal took effect in 2017, when Trudeau was prime minister."

"Poilievre said that Conservatives would remove any reference to the carbon tax in the Canada-Ukraine free trade deal if his party took office, and would instead focus on providing Canadian energy and munitions to Ukraine so that it can defend itself against Russia’s invasion."
Now that is the kind of demagogue I could get behind.

But alas, I just can't vote for him or his party. Too much of a "punchable, swarmy prick, and petty tyrant". I'd rather see Trudeau take it another 4 years. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back