• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

~watching the army.ca crowd inevitably talk themselves into voting for Trudeau again because the media depiction of the only other choice annoys their sensibilities more than Trudeau's proven track record~

~watching the army.ca crowd inevitably talk themselves into voting for Trudeau again because the media depiction of the only other choice annoys their sensibilities more than Trudeau's proven track record~
Well, his Twitter depiction isn't much better.

At this point if a person can still put their mark beside the LPC I have to assume they are simply a loyal Liberal foot soldier. That doesn't mean they have to vote Cons but continuing to vote Liberal is just blind allegiance IMHO.

It can be assumed I am completely off the mark when the posts discussing the CCP/Trudeau scandal overtake the posts criticizing a guy who isn't even the PM yet.
Number of posts does not mean level of support (or hatred).

If people are in agreement, they don't need to post saying "...to piggyback on Bloggins's post..."

Meanwhile, Poilievre's words and actions affect what people think of him. If he was backbencher #43 then most people wouldn't care, but he is the leader of the party. If the CPC wins, he becomes PM. So yeah, criticizing him is valid. I'd criticize any of the party leaders for what they say (or don't say).

Sure, he might govern towards the middle when in power, but what if he keeps doing what he's doing because it's worked out for him?

A- mighty odd that the CPC Leadership thread features discussion on the CPC leader

B- Trudeau should step down for his handling of this matter, if the interim PM maintains confidence they should spearhead a material change in our foreign policy and diplomatic attitudes towards Beijing, there should be an inquiry, and all parties should be diligently working to prevent something like it from happening to them,

C- there's an opportunity here for people that were okay with Putin's chosen man benefiting from foreign interference (and okay with the idea of his continued leadership of the most powerful military on Earth) to question why their reaction to the same situation domestically is different, and for us all to take a step back consider just how prevalent foreign interference and disinformation is in stoking the fires of division from both extremes of the political spectrum

C- there's an opportunity here for people that were okay with Putin's chosen man benefiting from foreign interference (and okay with his continued leadership of the most powerful military on Earth) to question why their reaction to the same situation domestically is different, and for us all to take a step back consider just how prevalent foreign interference and disinformation is in stoking the fires of division from both extremes of the political spectrum
Hold on - are you suggesting that Biden, not Trump, was Putin's chosen man in the WH?

Hold on - are you suggesting that Biden, not Trump, was Putin's chosen man in the WH?
No, just badly written. There are those that were in full knowledge of Russian interference and Trump's pro-Russian attitudes that were fully supportive of him remaining the President.

I was trying to point out the parallel and inconsistency in a non-confrontational way, just came off awkward.

Last edited:
At this point if a person can still put their mark beside the LPC I have to assume they are simply a loyal Liberal foot soldier. That doesn't mean they have to vote Cons but continuing to vote Liberal is just blind allegiance IMHO.
I am still hopeful (and will likely be disappointed) that the LPC will have a different leader next election. I was hoping that would would be the case for the CPC abut alas.

Campaigns matter but as it stands I have my reasons for not voting for either of them. Maybe a decent candidate for MP will run in my riding and will vote along that line.

Lots of time for things to happen.

I'm pretty sure the whole Russia-gate thing has been shown to be somewhat vapid.

But I digress, can we keep this about Canada ? We have a thread where people can go yammer on about Trump and all his Trumpness.

I am still hopeful (and will likely be disappointed) that the LPC will have a different leader next election. I was hoping that would would be the case for the CPC abut alas.

Campaigns matter but as it stands I have my reasons for not voting for either of them. Maybe a decent candidate for MP will run in my riding and will vote along that line.

Lots of time for things to happen.

I can understand someone not voting for PPs party, what I cant understand is someone who will still vote for JTs party.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be the Cons, but if a person can still vote Liberal they are simply a party before country person, IMHO.

I'm pretty sure the whole Russia-gate thing has been shown to be somewhat vapid.

But I digress, can we keep this about Canada ? We have a thread where people can go yammer on about Trump and all his Trumpness.

I can understand someone not voting for PPs party, what I cant understand is someone who will still vote for JTs party.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be the Cons, but if a person can still vote Liberal they are simply a party before country person, IMHO.
Would you say the same of the current Chinese interference scandal, and of a person that could still vote Republican in 2020?

It's the same shit. Prospective leader that
an unfriendly nation clearly favours,
harbours some degree of friendliness to that country to the detriment of their own country
that is on the beneficial end of foreign electoral interference from that country
whose actions don't rise to the threshold of criminal collusion or treason
that take great efforts to downplay the whole thing

There's a fundamental similarity here- a mirror being held up that provides a great opportunity for Canadians to become more aware of the non-kinetic threat coming at us from both ends of the political spectrum, and bridge partisan gaps.

There's also a lesson to be learned from the "innocent" side in this, particularly the damage the Dems did driving division by making it about potential personal wrongdoing rather than about safeguarding the country.

Would you say the same of the current Chinese interference scandal, and of a person that could still vote Republican in 2020?

You've lost me.

harbours some degree of friendliness to that country to the detriment of their own country
that is on the beneficial end of foreign electoral interference from that country

I have no idea what you're on about, I can barely read that.

There's a fundamental similarity here- a mirror being held up that provides a great opportunity for Canadians to become more aware of the non-kinetic threat coming at us from both ends of the political spectrum, and bridge partisan gaps.

Sure.

There's also a lesson to be learned from the "innocent" side in this, particularly the damage the Dems did driving division by making it about potential personal wrongdoing rather than about safeguarding the country.

You realize this is Canadian political thread right ?

Photo op picture of the PM and mayor at the coffee shop here in Vancouver, generally all the comments in social media in all the local paper feeds was negative and basically saying time to go.

While I share the tone, typically negative comments will outweigh the positive or indifferent.

Polling suggests a very tight race.

Ah, that old "more flexibility after my re-election" guy. Who knows what was done to avoid interfering with the re-election or support it.

1678305339493.jpeg
Robert-Stanfield-fumbles.jpg-800x600.png
1678305636971.jpeg1678305698444.jpeg

And, of course, Stephen Harper is both scary and American.

Has anybody noticed that the ultimate epithet in Canadian politics is that they are American? That has been true since at least the days of Governor Simcoe. And most of the Canadian republicans actually came from protestant Scots and Irish emigrating directly from the homeland. Digression.

What is the incentive for an opposition leader to do anything but play to his base?

Rational debate isn't in this thing. The order of the day is what it has always been. The ad hominem attack.

Back