• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2019 National Veterans' Week (VW) Speakers Program

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
The CAF is taking requests from the public for CAF Speakers for the 2019 National Veteran's Speakers Program and registering volunteers from the Reg and Res force to be the CAF Speakers at various venues during Veterans Week, Nov 5th to 11th.

Here's a copy/paste from my FB page I did today to try to get the program some visibility;  I believe this is a very important task that CAF members can volunteer for to replace the voices of our veteran's who've gone on to the Final Mess, and those who are no longer in uniform but still should be remembered by Canada and Canadians.

"The 2019 National Veteran's Week Speaker Program is taking requests from communities, schools, etc for Canadian Armed Forces members to deliver presentations during Veteran's Week, Nov 5th to 11th. For more information, or to request a CAF speaker, you can use the website included here. CAF members who are interested in supporting the Program, you can find all the info you need from your local PAO section/shop, or find it in CANFORGEN 128/19. Please share this with anyone you think might be interested in requesting speakers during the upcoming Veteran's Week." #MyCAF #RememberThem

Website for people to request a CAF speaker:  http://dgpaapp.forces.gc.ca/en/vet/index.asp?utm_source=Canada&utm_content=Veterans-Week&fbclid=IwAR2XiMw8oU0_i0z5IhTXoqKFciY0ovgAtmdXutdcGhV_qccwTt4iw6wml78

There is direction in the CDS Tasking Order, CANFORGEN and the CAF Resources Page has a good deal of supporting documents (guidelines, prepared speeches and slideshows, etc).  The resources are also broken down into targeted age groups, both in terms of 'time' and 'content'.  Registering is a very simple process, I received my first request to speak within an hour of the Wing POC getting my information.  They even have a suggested template for contacting the POC at the venue you will be speaking at. 

The theme for 2019 is “Faces of Freedom” and will focus on the following anniversaries:
• 75th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy
• 75th anniversary of the Italian Campaign
• 70th anniversary of NATO
• 5th anniversary of the end of the Canadian mission in Afghanistan

Thanks for this - sharing on my FB and Twitter feeds.

Back