• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

# 2 RCR Re: Pipes & Drums platoon

StepDad

Inactive
Reaction score
My stepson who sometimes has a habit of stretching the truth just got posted to 2RCR, Gagetown. After about 3 weeks there he tells me that he is now going to Piping school and has voluntered to learn the pipes and is in the P & D platoon. The information provided on the CFB Gagetown website that describes the band says that it is part of Lima Company. When I asked for his address to send him some mail, he tells me that it is part of Kilo Coy. Is it possible to be part of the P&D platoon and yet be part of another platoon in another coy. The P & D website description does say that volunteers come form all parts of the battalion.

Well, I left 2RCR in 2000. I was in the UMS which was a part of Lima Coy.  The P&D were also part of Lima Coy. The troops came from all parts of the Btn, but the P&D were a section of Lima Coy.

Over the past decade Kilo Company lost a few platoons (Mortar and Pioneer), it would not be unusual if the P&D was placed under Kilo for administration to balance numbers between the companies.  As long as the mail has his service number, rank and name it will get to him from the unit Orderly Room.

My son is in this unit.  He is a piper.  It is in fact Kilo Co. 

Back