• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1963, Experimental Service Battalion, Canadian Army CFB Gagetown, New Brunswick

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Another good one from Reel Life. Funny to think all that equipment was new then. The guns I believe were the Canadian made ones, as they have the muzzle swell. As I recall all the leased guns lacked that feature. I also never knew we trailed the Stalwart, also a quick glimpse at the Bobcat.

The guns I believe were the Canadian made ones, as they have the muzzle swell. As I recall all the leased guns lacked that feature.
They were. 3 RCHA was the regiment supporting 3 CIBG in Gagetown. Note the ear protection the gunners wore in those days. Wait! There isn't any which is why so many qualify for tinnitus compensation.

🍻

I guess the rolling fluid replenishment system was a non-starter.

Interesting, thanks the share.

Why type of APC is that at the beginning of the film ?

Which if anyone cares works out to about $37 USD / month as part of a medical pension. Apparently going from H1 in 1987 >H4 in 2004 wasn’t due to the CAF though :rolleyes:
They told me what the monthly payout was for mine and then told me I could instead take it as a lump sum. That was pretty much a no brainer as I figured I'd have to live to the age of 105 for the monthly payments reach the value of the lump sum was. And that's without figuring inflation. Had the money in the bank within the week.

🍻

Back