• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Rest assured he’s not going to move the needle much on defence spending, but he will say and do whatever it takes to make it look like he is “taking bold action”, and of course blame everyone else.
At the 2:30 minute mark. Harper, Harper.

Justin Trudeau Gets MAD Talking To His Mainstream Media Reporters

Canada has announced an $11.2-billion contract to improve training platforms for the military, including the purchase of 70 training aircraft for the Future Aircrew Training (FAcT) program. The training aircraft will be split into fleets including two-seat turboprop training and aerobatic low-wing aircraft, helicopters and Dash-8 regional jets.

PC-21s as previously selected?

Now for the Hawk....

PC-21s as previously selected?

Now for the Hawk....
I really want to know how media sites select their pictures. The Aurora isn’t any of those things they announced so why is it on the page?

hmm

Not being a pilot - is there any reason for two of those? or the two twin engine ones?

Then this just seems like a waste - as Bell Mirable makes helicopters in Canada...

hmm

Not being a pilot - is there any reason for two of those? or the two twin engine ones?

G120TP to replace the current G120A in Portage la Prairie, and the PC-21 to replace the Harvard II in Moose Jaw, would be my guess.

The Grob is a simpler aircraft for initial training before progressing to the Harvard II / PC21.

King Air 260 for Multi-Engine pilot training, and Dash-8 400 for ACSO / AESOP training, replacing the current King Air C90B and Dash-8 100 in those roles.

FaCT does not include jet training. That's under FFLiT.
Hunt's apparently still on for that ....
Info-machine update ....

G120TP to replace the current G120A in Portage la Prairie, and the PC-21 to replace the Harvard II in Moose Jaw, would be my guess.

The Grob is a simpler aircraft for initial training before progressing to the Harvard II / PC21.

King Air 260 for Multi-Engine pilot training, and Dash-8 400 for ACSO / AESOP training, replacing the current King Air C90B and Dash-8 100 in those roles.
I’d say “cue the lines of pilots wanting Q400 time for the regionals” but let’s be honest - the RCAF pays more :sneaky:

Proposal: realign pilot pay scales away from time in rank to flight hours. So the Capt with 4000 hours gets more than the LCol with 2500.
CAF: Hey RCAF, why are you led by ACSOs and AOOs? Where did the Pilots go?

RCAF:

Stop It And You GIF

I really want to know how media sites select their pictures. The Aurora isn’t any of those things they announced so why is it on the page?
It's big; it's grey; it's got the wordmark, plus a guy in camo. If those big things were spinning, even better.

Training under this new contract is scheduled to start in the spring of 2029. 5 years from now.
As I understand, it's a gradual process to transparently transition from the current training to that delivered by FaCT.

Almost as if such a change needs to deliberately planned and executed.

As I understand, it's a gradual process to transparently transition from the current training to that delivered by FaCT.

Almost as if such a change needs to deliberately planned and executed.

If the institution can manage to deliberately plan and execute a transition from current training to FAcT in a proactive manner, what happened with the fighter lead in training then?

From what I’ve gleaned from some the FLIT bridge is not what I would call desirable. That makes me wonder how much of what is billed as deliberate and planned is actually either just accidental or by the hard work of individuals despite the ambivalence of the institution.

If the institution can manage to deliberately plan and execute a transition from current training to FAcT in a proactive manner, what happened with the fighter lead in training then?

From what I’ve gleaned from some the FLIT bridge is not what I would call desirable. That makes me wonder how much of what is billed as deliberate and planned is actually either just accidental or by the hard work of individuals despite the ambivalence of the institution.

FFLIT is tied to the FFCP implementation. Doing a long term solution before the latter was confirmed would have been excessive risk. An interim solution makes sense.

Back