• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

In other words an out of touch, privileged, white lady writes a book in an attempt to make herself seem deep and meaningful. While in reality she's a privilege, aging soccer mom who peaked at 21 and it's all been down hill from there. And this is all a cry for attention and an attempt to remain in the light.

Go buy another 12$ coffee and disappear from Canadian life Sophie, and take your ex with you.

Whoa... I need my instant coffee before I start posting... Where did that hate come from ?

She seems really annoying...

I can see why Trudeau and the LPC are popular with contractors and public servants.

ArriveCan contractor made $2.5M for 10 hours' work per week

This guy is legit a genius, I wish I was in on this gravy train.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

So, correct me if I’m wrong here, but most folks (minus SK residents I guess) would be getting the money back? I haven’t really been tracking this other than the “Carbon Tax Bad” narrative.

I don’t buy Trudeau’s claims. I’ve been tracking my increased tax costs and balanced that against my rebate checks to date…net negative…

Home heating alone I’m paying $580+/yr in carbon tax (and the HST share on carbon tax!!)…
1710552043140.jpeg

…and then another $380 for annual auto fuel carbon tax, so those two alone (not even diving into consumer price increases due to retailers passing on carbon tax costs to us) and I’m pushing close to $1000 of carbon tax, and got 2 x $183 cheques = $366 rebate, so I’m at least $600 behind Trudeau’s “most Canadians” group.

From the article.
“But, the budget watchdog, in a more expansive analysis, found that Canadians would see a "net loss" in the coming years from the carbon pricing scheme and rebate.”

I trust the budget watchdog much more than I trust Trudeau because….math. And many of us recall Trudeau’s own words about how he doesn’t do numbers…

I don’t buy Trudeau’s claims. I’ve been tracking my increased tax costs and balanced that against my rebate checks to date…net negative…

Home heating alone I’m paying $580+/yr in carbon tax (and the HST share on carbon tax!!)…
View attachment 83761

…and then another $380 for annual auto fuel carbon tax, so those two alone (not even diving into consumer price increases due to retailers passing on carbon tax costs to us) and I’m pushing close to $1000 of carbon tax, and got 2 x $183 cheques = $366 rebate, so I’m at least $600 behind Trudeau’s “most Canadians” group.

I trust the budget watchdog much more than I trust Trudeau because….math. And many of us recall Trudeau’s own words about how he doesn’t do numbers…
Stop redistributing income as a virtue statement and get the fuck out of my life.

Any politically-motivated movement Trudeau attempts on taxes - bowing to political pressure - just became more difficult. From CBC.ca:

"I think Mr. Furey is continuing to bow to political pressure," Trudeau said in response to a question about the premier's stance during an event in Montreal on Friday morning. "I think Canadians in Newfoundland and Labrador and right across the country expect their governments to do the right thing.""

From a quick Google, CTV says she’s 5’6.

Maybe it was “shortest in the front, tallest in the back”?

Her legs are 4 feet long in this picture. Somewhere a Combat Camera image tech is laughing like Kate Middleton playing with photoshop.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    607.2 KB · Views: 44

The Toronto Star: Canada's carbon rebate is increasing. Here’s how much Ontarians can expect in their bank accounts - 14 Mar 24

Is that a paid by the LPC timely ad or an article?

Apr 1 carbon tax increase, timed to coincide with the refinery switch from Winter to Summer gas formulas, plus the increase for Summer travel equals significant increase to cost per liter. Be happy.

The Toronto Star: Canada's carbon rebate is increasing. Here’s how much Ontarians can expect in their bank accounts - 14 Mar 24

Is that a paid by the LPC timely ad or an article?

Apr 1 carbon tax increase, timed to coincide with the refinery switch from Winter to Summer gas formulas, plus the increase for Summer travel equals significant increase to cost per liter. Be happy.

So…math… 🤦🏻

Carbon tax increase: $65 > $80/t = 23.1% TAX increase

Rebate increase: (using Ont) $122/qtr > $140/qtr = 14.8% REBATE increase

Tax goes up 23.1% while rebate only increases 14.8%.

Anyone who is celebrating more carbon tax than carbon rebate is either in Government looking for more ways to finance ongoing deficits, or a consumer who is as bad at math as Justin Trudeau purports to be.

I’m not denying the implication here, but that is an awfully weird “hand hold”.

Abbas is grabbing Saks’ wrist while her hand is clenched - not really a position where someone wants to hold anothers’ hand.
They are helping to steady and support an old and frail statesman who just wants what's best for his people. Very Canadian.

They are helping to steady and support an old and frail statesman who just wants what's best for his people. Very Canadian.
I’m not even saying that. I’m saying that the picture might be one taken at a weird time (as evidenced by said hands) as a “gotcha” moment.

Spitballing here but Joly is obviously shaking Abbas’s hand, and he reaches out to Saks. Picture taken.

If Saks wanted to hold Abbas’s hand, one would think her hand would be open, not clenched.

But anyways, I digress.

So…math… 🤦🏻

Carbon tax increase: $65 > $80/t = 23.1% TAX increase

Rebate increase: (using Ont) $122/qtr > $140/qtr = 14.8% REBATE increase

Tax goes up 23.1% while rebate only increases 14.8%.

Anyone who is celebrating more carbon tax than carbon rebate is either in Government looking for more ways to finance ongoing deficits, or a consumer who is as bad at math as Justin Trudeau purports to be.

This probably explains the LPC agenda as well as anything …

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. Power is what all messiahs really seek: not the chance to serve." --HL Mencken

Back