• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You Want To Be A Pilot : 2018 - present

Hey! I had mine mid-february. I got an email from the doctor that I talked to there the next day saying that my A1 factor was approved. Then, like 3 or 4 days later, I got an email from my CFRC medical Detachment saying that they received my Air factor from CFEME.
The next day!? Everyone I've spoken to has said 4 weeks minimum. I'll give my CFRC a call tomorrow then, thanks a bunch for the info!

The next day!? Everyone I've spoken to has said 4 weeks minimum. I'll give my CFRC a call tomorrow then, thanks a bunch for the info!
Yeah, actually the doctor told me everything was good before I left CFEME, except the ophthalmologist wasn't present so they had to wait for them to look over my results. I was also surprised that it was so fast.

Yeah, actually the doctor told me everything was good before I left CFEME, except the ophthalmologist wasn't present so they had to wait for them to look over my results. I was also surprised that it was so fast.
Essentially the same thing happened to me, weird. Maybe the CFRC slipped up a bit, that's happened with other parts of the process.
Thanks again for the information. Congratulations on the results, best of luck!

Essentially the same thing happened to me, weird. Maybe the CFRC slipped up a bit, that's happened with other parts of the process.
Thanks again for the information. Congratulations on the results, best of luck!

How long did your approval from RMO take before getting sent to CFEME?

I did aircrew selections in December and still waiting to go to CFEME.

Mind you, I had to redo some of the family doctors letters so I'm guessing that pushed me back another few weeks.

Mind you, I had to redo some of the family doctors letters so I'm guessing that pushed me back another few weeks.
I can give you my timeline. I did my medical on 24 January 2023. I submitted all my medical forms (aircrew + 4-5 family docs) on 22 December 2023 (file was closed for a while). I got ROM approval on 26 January 2024. I did my CFAST on 1 February 2024 and 2 hours later I got a call to schedule my CFEME appointment, on 8 February 2024. I got CFEME approval on 9 February and from my CFRC on 12 February

I can give you my timeline. I did my medical on 24 January 2023. I submitted all my medical forms (aircrew + 4-5 family docs) on 22 December 2023 (file was closed for a while). I got ROM approval on 26 January 2024. I did my CFAST on 1 February 2024 and 2 hours later I got a call to schedule my CFEME appointment, on 8 February 2024. I got CFEME approval on 9 February and from my CFRC on 12 February
Thanks for this! Sounds like your medical happened pretty soon after then.

I just completed the CFAST this last weekend and did pretty decent, hoping I get the call to head back to Toronto for my medical soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll make it onto the competition list for ROTP this year!

Not sure if I understand the question entirely, but hopefully, the following is the answer you're looking for.
I did the CFAST around early December and received an email with the available CFEME dates about 2 weeks later. I ended up going to CFEME just under 2 months after the CFAST.
Sorry for the delay, I had this half typed out and forgot to finish it.

Also, did you guys get an email or confirmation regarding your CFEME results? I spoke with a recruiter who said I passed, but for some reason, I would feel a lot better with some concrete proof.

Also, did you guys get an email or confirmation regarding your CFEME results? I spoke with a recruiter who said I passed, but for some reason, I would feel a lot better with some concrete proof.
I got an email from the Doctor from CFEME the next day and then my CFRC Med Det sent me a confirmation from their part in less than a week. You can email your Med Det to ask for confirmation; I am sure they wil send you one.

I got an email from the Doctor from CFEME the next day and then my CFRC Med Det sent me a confirmation from their part in less than a week. You can email your Med Det to ask for confirmation; I am sure they wil send you one.
Got it, thanks!

Not sure if I understand the question entirely, but hopefully, the following is the answer you're looking for.
I did the CFAST around early December and received an email with the available CFEME dates about 2 weeks later. I ended up going to CFEME just under 2 months after the CFAST.
Ah man, I did CFAST early December as well, but still haven't heard anything about going to CFEME. I asked about it and just was told I'm still waiting for RMO approval. I wonder what's holding it up so much.

Ah man, I did CFAST early December as well, but still haven't heard anything about going to CFEME. I asked about it and just was told I'm still waiting for RMO approval. I wonder what's holding it up so much.
yeah, that's very weird. I've been surprised at how inconsistent the timelines can be between people and CFRCs. I'm sure you've called them already but I've found that usually helps. There's been a couple of times where a 30-second call got my file out of a month or two of inactivity.

yeah, that's very weird. I've been surprised at how inconsistent the timelines can be between people and CFRCs. I'm sure you've called them already but I've found that usually helps. There's been a couple of times where a 30-second call got my file out of a month or two of inactivity.
Yeah, I call every 2 weeks. Just called this Tuesday and told still waiting for RMO approval.

Just hoping I finish everything in time to make the competition list for this year's selections.

Yeah, I call every 2 weeks. Just called this Tuesday and told still waiting for RMO approval.

Just hoping I finish everything in time to make the competition list for this year's selections.
huh, that's frustrating. You've got the bulk of it behind you though, hopefully, your CFEME results follow a timeline similar to Pillower's so you can make it in time.

Yup that’s what I was going for, thanks!

I actually just got my CFEME booked earlier today! Had my CFAST on the 4/5, and am now doing CFEME on the 21st. Hoping the background check and all the medical processing doesn’t take too long after that - I’m starting to be cautiously optimistic that I’ll make it on the list this year.

Thanks again

Yup that’s what I was going for, thanks!

I actually just got my CFEME booked earlier today! Had my CFAST on the 4/5, and am now doing CFEME on the 21st. Hoping the background check and all the medical processing doesn’t take too long after that - I’m starting to be cautiously optimistic that I’ll make it on the list this year.

Thanks again
I am also waiting on the Reliability Check since Feb 8. I read it takes 2-6 weeks for the easiest cases; getting kinda worried I might not make it before mid-march. When did you submit yours?

I am also waiting on the Reliability Check since Feb 8. I read it takes 2-6 weeks for the easiest cases; getting kinda worried I might not make it before mid-march. When did you submit yours?
Not sure to be honest. I haven’t heard anything from my CFRC about the background check stuff. I haven’t submitted anything to them for it yet - hoping they reach out soon so I can get that started too.

I believe offers only start going out in April and normally run into the summer, so I think you’ll probably be okay if it’s a bit after mid March (although I may be wrong).

Elias

Not sure to be honest. I haven’t heard anything from my CFRC about the background check stuff. I haven’t submitted anything to them for it yet - hoping they reach out soon so I can get that started too.

I believe offers only start going out in April and normally run into the summer, so I think you’ll probably be okay if it’s a bit after mid March (although I may be wrong).

Elias
I am basing it on last year selections. The 2023 forum got busy mid-march and people got aircrew offers on April 1st, which probably means selections took place late March. There are follow up selections, but with such restricted spots, its better early than later yknow.

I am basing it on last year selections. The 2023 forum got busy mid-march and people got aircrew offers on April 1st, which probably means selections took place late March. There are follow up selections, but with such restricted spots, its better early than later yknow.
Yeah very true. Don’t think I’ll make it in this year in that case… fingers crossed!

I like to avoid specifics to retain anonymity, but I doubt that matters too much by this point so I'll provide some.
I just got word that RMC is working on an early offer for an AEC spot for me. I was told my application looks very good for piloting, but there are just so many applicants and very few spots for piloting. They said I should expect that offer over the next few weeks.
Apparently, this level of competition should be expected for the next ~3 years primarily due to delays in the training system.
I'm not sure if this helps anyone gauge the state of selections and offers, hopefully it does.
I don't intend for this news to discourage anyone, just trying to give everyone relevant information. I personally am not discouraged and I'll spend the year improving the academic and leadership aspects of my application.
Don't take any of this as complete fact as I gathered this all through a quick phone conversation.

Last edited:
Back