• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

And according to the CBC Canada may be the next inline for airdrops:

Canada to start airdropping aid into Gaza within days: source​

U.K., France, Netherlands, Jordan have funded or carried out airdrops in recent weeks​

Evan Dyer, Darren Major · CBC News · Posted: Feb 28, 2024 7:12 PM EST

The Canadian government will begin airdropping aid into Gaza within the next week, a government source tells CBC News.

Months of violence have followed the events of Oct. 7, when Hamas militants attacked Israel, killed approximately 1,200 people and took roughly 250 others hostage, according to Israeli accounts. Since then, Israeli strikes have killed approximately 29,000 people, according to Gaza's Hamas-led health authority.

Humanitarian groups are calling for more aid to be allowed into Gaza to help with an intense and worsening crisis there. The World Food Programme recently suspended aid shipments into northern Gaza, citing "complete chaos and violence due to the collapse of civil order" and warning again about the risk of starvation in the region.

Some of Canada's allies have already started such airdrop operations.
Aid funded by the United Kingdom was recently dropped to a hospital in northern Gaza. The Netherlands and France also have been involved in airdrop operations.

Jordan has dropped aid to a field hospital it runs in Gaza several times since the beginning of the conflict. Israel approved and co-ordinated with a Jordanian drop in November, according to Reuters.

A UN report said in December that Gaza's entire population is experiencing a food crisis, with one in four facing starvation.

International Development Minister Ahmed Hussen told CBC Radio's The House last week that Canada was considering airdropping aid.

"We have to do everything we can to avert mass starvation in northern Gaza and beyond," he told host Catherine Cullen.

Aid groups in Gaza are warning of an “absolutely horrific” situation as people run out of food and medicine. Minister of International Development Ahmed Hussen was at the Egyptian border earlier this week discussing what Canada can do to help.

Hussen recently travelled to Jordan and the Egyptian border with Gaza. He described what he saw near Gaza as a "really dire situation."

"People are in a very desperate situation and they're doing desperate things to survive," he said.

In January, the federal government suspended funding to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), a key aid agency in Gaza, in response to Israeli claims that members of the organization were involved in the Oct. 7 attack.

Ottawa announced at the time that it was sending an additional $40 million in aid to other humanitarian groups in the region.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/un-israel-bias-1.7120895
CBC News reported earlier this month that Canada had not seen evidence from Israel supporting its claims about UNRWA at the time it made its decision. The United Nations says it is investigating the allegations.

Hussen said Wednesday that the government will wait until the UN investigation is complete before deciding to resume aid to UNRWA. Asked if he's confident the investigation will be completed before April, when Canada's next payment to UNRWA was supposed to be delivered, Hussen said he didn't want to "prejudge" the outcome.

"I have confidence in the UN body that's looking into this, and we'll see what they come back with, but we have always insisted that we should have a transparent, comprehensive investigation before we act," he said.

With files from Catherine Cullen, Christian Paas-Lang and Reuters

Link

I think that's the ration I tried almost 30 years ago and never touched another breakfast ration since.
Digression here - if it was heated and you had ketchup, HP sauce or some condiment you could make it bearable.

Besides - they are Muslim so ham isn't on the menu.

Silence!!!
You mean Zip it?

Zip It Austin Powers GIF

I do believe they believe Allah will forgive them if they eat it in the service of Islam although I’m not sure about that

Where the aid will be seized by Hamas and the population will have to suffer while Hamas feeds their terrorists. Freedom fighters....
I was thinking more of dropping them some old Ham Omelette IMP’s.
Good way to help defeat Hamas.

I think that's the ration I tried almost 30 years ago and never touched another breakfast ration since.
Green Eggs and Ham! had it cold once, grey brick slid out of pack, broke a piece off and inside was green with little brown pieces. Tasted like I was eating a chunk of salt. I also avoided breakfast IMPs after that.

Back