• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada doesn’t matter to the rest of the world - and it’s our own fault

Or lowering jail sentences for petty and violent crimes and reforming bail to be almost guaranteed.
Canada sounds like what happened before the Veterans took over in Starship Troopers…

It seems like so many of these policies are obviously going to degrade society. Yet here we are pressing ahead. It's like trying to make things worse but under the guise of doing good. Clown world inindeed.
You hit the nail on the head.

I used to whine and gripe about stupid people being in charge of everything. I thought this was just a phase society was going through- and we would come out of it on the other end having learned a short lived lesson of why, as a society, we should stop appointing obviously stupid people to positions that decide public policy.

I used to complain about that...and still do if something detrimental to our society is done out of pure incompetence...

But once someone (who's fairly well versed in economics and politics) pointed out the actual intention is the agenda of post-nation states, no single family housing, a major demographic shift, and to summarily bankrupt the country and set it on a path of self destruction - it all made perfect sense...

How else do we increase our national debt by a trillion dollars ontop of whatever tax money the government collects?

Why else dramatically ease bail conditions for repeat and/or violent offenders?

(My auto insurance is the most it's been in recent years despite no tickets or accidents, directly because auto theft has skyrocketed due to catch & release...how about you guys?)

Why else pass legislation that literally nobody wanted or asked for? (So they crammed through C-11 and the Online News Act...anybody notice a drastic increase in Canadian content? No? Well that's because despite the LPC claiming the bill was to help enhance Canadians exposure to Canadian made content, the actual bill doesn't mention 'Canadian content' even once...)

(Just wait until the Online Safety Act gets crammed through right before the next election...)

Why support a 'safe supply' program that literally floods an area that's already been devastated by chronic heavy drug use with more, and now free, drugs? (Fentynal, are you f**king kidding me?)

How much is that costing us? I'm sure it isn't just BC taxpayers that are paying for the drugs that are ruining their neighborhoods...

Why else push for the expansion of MAID to include folks who are mentally ill?

As a society we used to strongly discourage people from taking their own life, and as a society we agreed to offer those people counseling services & mental health support in the hopes they would get better.

Now, we're expanding the program to make it easier for ppl who may not be thinking straight to kill themselves.

(As Tucker said, a government that kills 50,000 of its own citizens is usually called genocidal...no wonder they're doing what they can to buy time, and not release the official stats)

Why else kill off the very industries that gave previous governments budget surpluses?

(Even huge opportunities to export LNG have been shunned...)

I could go on & on & on about how much I genuinely hate Justin Trudeau

And lately, I do just that. I apologize. (This thread, being about how popular/unpopular Trudeau is, has been my venting ground)

Thank You for putting up with my rants of late.

He gets my blood boiling, and I think I subconsciously must think that if I just explain to the universe what him & Freeland & WEF are doing to us, in ways we haven't fully recognized, that surely someone within government will do something...

because even though the man may not know who we are, as Canadian citizens, every single policy he and his government put in place impacts us, our rights, and our freedoms to some degree, including in our health and welfare.

I hear you.

Like I said, we can put up a lawn sign, for a couple of weeks, every few years.

And vote.

Write a letter to Ottawa. Go all caps on the internet.

Other than that, I just never saw the percentage of working up an impotent rage, "He gets my blood boiling", over a man who does not even know you exist.

Guess this belongs in this thread.

Someone should've told Marky Mark that Canada doesn't control the flow of people from Gaza.
Marky Mark and his counterpart Mr Hussein - what is he minister of? are getting a free pass because - well JT is taking a lot of heat for a vacation he took.

You mean like we claim to be environmentally progressive but still export millions of tons of thermal coal to china? its okay right since it isn't us burning it?
Remember when we told the EU we couldn't export LNG to them? Same thing for Japan? Because there "wasn't a business case" for doing so?

But expecting coal to China to be burned? No problem...obviously there was a business case to be made there

Well obviously LNG companies require the likes of people such as Ambassador Horgan on their Board of Directors.

Remember when we told the EU we couldn't export LNG to them? Same thing for Japan? Because there "wasn't a business case" for doing so?

But expecting coal to China to be burned? No problem...obviously there was a business case to be made there

We might have missed the big opportunity to sell LNG to China anyways... 20 years too late

China's SPIC plans $5.9 billion investment turning green hydrogen into fuel​

China's State Power Investment Corp announced a 42 billion yuan ($5.85 billion) investment plan in northeast China to produce fuel from hydrogen produced from wind power, according to a company official and a local government report.

The projects, that include a 3.5 gigawatt wind power plant, a 164,000 metric ton per year hydrogen-making facility and 400,000 tpy each of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) and methanol, will be built in Qiqihaer city of Heilongjiang province, according to a report carried on the city's official WeChat platform.

Sorry to resurrect a dead horse, but I just came across this article that is a rebuttal to all the negative articles about the 'woke' issue in the CMJ that was much discussed many pages back.

Canada’s military is ‘too woke?’ Hardly — it must embrace diversity to survive
Published: February 5, 2024 12.12pm EST

Author Paul T. Mitchell

Professor of Defence Studies, Canadian Forces College

Disclosure statement

Paul T. Mitchell does not work for, consult, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organisation that would benefit from this article, and has disclosed no relevant affiliations beyond their academic appointment.

The publication of the latest issue of the Canadian Military Journal (CMJ) has angered some of Canada’s right-wing media commentators.

The issue on the topic of diversity in the Canadian Armed Forces was branded as “woke” by the right. Furthermore, these commentators implied the military itself has been taken hostage by radical ideological “activists,” specifically the women involved with the issue.

The irony of this, incidentally, seems lost on the Rebel News site that decries the “activism” of others while labelling itself “rebel.”

The opinion pieces are effectively political performance art, more concerned with stirring up resentment against the ruling Liberals than solving the woes of Canada’s military.

That the Journal has devoted its last three issues to both education and diversity in the military is no surprise to those who have been paying attention to wide spread coverage of the military’s leadership failures over the past decade, nor is it an indication of where the publication’s coverage is heading in the future.

If we take this somewhat hysterical reaction in good faith, it reveals a deep-seated concern over the readiness of Canada’s military to deal with a national security emergency. It suggests that social concerns have distracted the military from its proper role to prepare for war.

Setting aside for the moment that Canada remains one of the most secure geographical locations on the planet, the idea that our armed forces are “too woke” misunderstands efforts to improve the work environment for historically underrepresented groups.

This effort is as central to the ability of the CAF to fight wars in the future as acquiring the latest military technology. If diverse perspectives within our own workforce are too difficult to understand, how much harder will be the effort to understand those of our allies and enemies?

“Wokeness” emerged as a term of political activism from the Black American experience in the 1930s. In recent years, it has been reappropriated to mock efforts to re-examine or change cultural norms.

Now, criticizing something as woke only serves to identify and silence debate.

Historically, the Canadian Armed Forces has drawn the majority of its personnel from rural Canada. Demographically, this source no longer reliably provides sufficient numbers of recruits to maintain the size of Canada’s military. Racialized minorities are now the fastest growing portion of Canada’s population.

War is the province of hardship. Training focuses on developing individual resilience to such conditions. Training also works to help team members bond and develop camaraderie, so that in the most difficult of circumstances, all will pull together in the same direction with the same effort.

Research of the kind highlighted in the pages of the Canadian Military Journal shows that the norms and mores that have historically shaped Canada’s military no longer reflect the increasingly diverse population of citizens.

Canada’s proud military history isn’t motivating young Canadians to enlist. Many of the institutions and traditions of service, in fact, actually discourage people to stay in uniform.

Many alternate career options

In my role as professor at the Canadian Forces College, I’ve heard older CAF members sometimes argue “you joined us, we didn’t join you.” This is a disastrous attitude given potential recruits and long-serving military personnel have considerable career options to choose from — often with better pay and fewer hassles and hardships that come with military life.

How we treat military families also has a strong impact on retention. Contemporary military families, like those of Canadian society in general, no longer reflect the tradition of a single male wage-earner with a non-employed female spouse to raise the kids.

The criticism of the Canadian Military Journal’s content essentially concludes with admonishments that diversity and inclusion efforts are a silly waste of time and resources that should be devoted to “proper soldiering.”

They ignore the elephant in the room — institutional failures are directly relevant to the ongoing crisis. The solution, they seem to suggest, is to double down on failed policies rather than engage in the hard work of making a career in the military attractive.

In the end, these “woke” efforts are aimed at increasing operational readiness by attracting more recruits from previously underrepresented groups, and building a diverse force representative of Canada and its values.

Defaulting to the same past approach is, as demonstrated by missed recruiting targets of most western militaries, akin to the observation that “insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

It is time for change

Link

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect a dead horse, but I just across this article that is a rebuttal to all the negative articles about the 'woke' issue in the CMJ that was much discussed many pages back.

Link

Idiots... IIRC that 'the right' isn't complaining as much as those who expect their (only) professional journal to stay on topic and not stray into the realm of heavily politicized clap trap.

There are a host of other ways to convey this type of information throughout an organization like, you know, mandatory online tests ;)

Regardless, 'The Lancet' wouldn't publish anything like that so why should the CMJ?

Back