• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Toronto and Vancouver/Victoria seem more like Grand Theft Auto V every day. The west coast is normalizing targeted killings.

For those keeping score,

For those keeping score,

Yah but this shows that there isn't necessarily a correlation between firearms and homicides.

Look at the Macleans data, TBay and Kenora. Super high homicide rate but all the way down at #80 and #73 for firearms deaths.

Then again, Canadians don't care because it's mostly just indigenous killing each other.

Last edited:
I wonder if the government can be sued for this permit system they are adopting. By publicly stating they intend to adopt it and then deny all permits based off a law they may or may not end up passing, they are truly dealing in bad faith. Basically making things illegal without making them illegal (which seems to be becoming the modus operandi for government at the moment).
To be fair, Minister Joly is completely within her authority to deny import permits for handguns - or any other item/commodity - for any justifiable reason. We don't have to like that reason, it just has to exist so as to be defensible in court. This likely wouldn't be, given no clear national security imperative, but the Liberals would just invoke Section 39 once again as they did in defence of the May 1, 2020 OIC.

The CSAAA announced that any imported handguns that have cleared customs by August 19 will be allowed into Canada. Everything not cleared by that date will be refused entry.

Gun Control is a big wedge issue for the lunatic left. I really can't envision them giving that up. There's going to be shenanigans and fuckery afoot, but I can't see them banning everything and ending the controversy. It's worth too many votes and PR points.

Toronto and Vancouver/Victoria seem more like Grand Theft Auto V every day. The west coast is normalizing targeted killings.
During Montreal’s gang war in the late 1990’s there were plenty of targeted killings (162 dead in all) — but the weapon of choice seemed to be explosives. Organized crime will always find a way — that’s why they are organized.

For those keeping score,

GTA Toronto's trying hard to take top place, no doubt about it.

Axe and machette attack on a realtor.

I'm surprised Torontonians aren't pushing for ATC handgun permits.

I posted,

Take it, or leave it. I'm not playing party politics with you today, Jarnhamar. The weather is too nice. Have a good one! :)

I posted,

Take it, or leave it. I'm not playing party politics with you today, Jarnhamar. The weather is too nice. Have a good one! :)
Some of these stats show there isn't necessarily a correlation between homicide rate and firearms deaths.

Look at Thunder Bay, Kenora, etc. High up on Homicides (TBay being #1) but all the way down at #80 for firearms deaths.

Axe and machette attack on a realtor.
I don't know anything about Brampton, but reminds me of something someone said years ago.

"I would rather be a lamp post in Mississauga, than mayor of Brampton."

During Montreal’s gang war in the late 1990’s there were plenty of targeted killings (162 dead in all) — but the weapon of choice seemed to be explosives. Organized crime will always find a way — that’s why they are organized.
No kidding - the HA and Rock Machine tore it up until a bomb killed a 12 year old kid.

None cares that gang bangers don't undergo extensive training to handle firearms or use explosives. As long as they only kill each other its ok is the attitude most of the public has.

The issue is that eventually an innocent gets caught in the crossfire - or an explosion.

As long as they only kill each other its ok is the attitude most of the public has.

Bugsy Siegal used to say, "We only kill each other."

As long as it's recidivists beating on each other, I doubt the public much cares one way or the other.

No kidding - the HA and Rock Machine tore it up until a bomb killed a 12 year old kid.

None cares that gang bangers don't undergo extensive training to handle firearms or use explosives. As long as they only kill each other its ok is the attitude most of the public has.

The issue is that eventually an innocent gets caught in the crossfire - or an explosion.

Exactly, I shed no tears nor lose sleep when criminals kill criminals. And if they could keep it that way I would be perfectly fine with it.

But when the heathens stray and hurt the innocent the response from the civilized needs to be swift, violent and exact.

I always laugh when little Johnny Bad Ass is whacked and his momma cry's about how he was a good boy. No, no he wasn't and momma you probably had a hand in making him that way; either directly or by being a shitty parent.

Thinking Hanging GIF by GritTV

Last edited:
Effective today, Canadian businesses and individuals are no longer permitted to legally import new handguns into Canada, with very limited exceptions as outlined in the proposed Bill C-21. Handguns that are outside of Canada for which a registration certificate has already been issued in Canada will be allowed to return to Canada.

Foreign nationals are permitted to bring handguns into Canada temporarily (i.e. for competitions) as long as the requirement s of s. 35(1) of the Firearms Act are met.

No word on any new import restrictions for parts and/or accessories.

You better get one of these while you can, the loons are coming for them #ishityounot.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/36v-cordless-screwdriver-gun/product/PA0008972275
We have become a nation of pussweeds.
From the article;
"While a product that looks like a gun or toy guns could seem harmless, police say they pose a challenge because fakes look like real firearms and in a fast moving situation police need to treat them as real which could lead to tragic circumstances. "
Then don't bring a screwdriver to a gunfight, duh.

Back