• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

All while trumpeting the mantra of readiness that the General officers have favoured for the last 5 or so years, yet failed to define outside of do your DAG and have a family care plan.

Obviously.

I was merely stating the risk of casualties isn't even enough of a political incentive to properly equip or maintain readiness within the CAF. It's only when casualties happen and voters get upset that we see a proper response on Defense and Foreign policy matters.
This is focused on the maritime interests of Canada, but can be expanded to everything defence related in this country.

Canadian Prime Ministers and their governments have been able to maintain their saltwater blindness because they are secure in the knowledge that the Americans will ultimately do what is necessary for the protection of North America. The knowledge that the Americans have had the world's most sophisticated and powerful submarine forces since the end of the Second World War has protected Canadian leaders from having to make serious decisions about the protection of Canada's undersea maritime regions. 2 This willful neglect is further facilitated by the lack of any meaningful political constituency within Canada that would compel Canadian political leaders to understand the need for the protection of Canada's maritime regions.

Obviously.

I was merely stating the risk of casualties isn't even enough of a political incentive to properly equip or maintain readiness within the CAF. It's only when casualties happen and voters get upset that we see a proper response on Defense and Foreign policy matters.
Verrrry true that!

Obviously.

I might have to sit back and not participate in this conversation for a while. In my mind the GoC treats the CAF as the unwanted illegitimate child who serves no real purpose and eats the food others could have. But when there’s danger the illegitimate one gets the task to sort it out.

I’m angry 😡 please forgive me

I might have to sit back and not participate in this conversation for a while. In my mind the GoC treats the CAF as the unwanted illegitimate child who serves no real purpose and eats the food others could have. But when there’s danger the illegitimate one gets the task to sort it out.

I’m angry 😡 please forgive me
The illegitimate child being Jon Snow. Yes I know I know - having the right to STFU I have not the ability 🤦‍♂️

Her incompetence has been on full display since elevated to the “C” Team of cabinet a few years ago. Warren Kinsella has been talking about her incompetence well before her elevation to the “A” Team. She must have something on someone!
Maybe its a certain skill set that she possessions that is in high demand?

This is what happens when the left put in diversity, gender and race requirements on job applications.

CAF has prioritized recruiting in these three areas to great failure.
hmmm its like it was the plan along.

It’s a wash. Both federal parties have done nothing in the long run. I no longer vote based on military policies.
Absolute truth.

We are a civilian led military, as we should be in a democratic country. It just sucks that the civilians leading it have zero understanding nor desire to gain understanding on military or foreign policy matters.

Our politicians are happy to spend money on things that get them elected and our populace is more than happy to shove their heads in the sand when things get bleak.

Alas.... Vigilamus Pro Te.... emphasis on "Pro Te"

It’s a wash. Both federal parties have done nothing in the long run. I no longer vote based on military policies.
Not true. The last CPC did more for the CAF than any other in my many decades here. Did they do enough no. But better than anyone else. I hate the they are all the same line. It's just used down grade conservatives. False equivalent.

It just sucks that the civilians leading it have zero understanding nor desire to gain understanding on military or foreign policy matters.

Our politicians are happy to spend money on things that get them elected and our populace is more than happy to shove their heads in the sand when things get bleak.
This.

When I was a youngster at least Lester B Pearson - the PM at the time - at one time was in the military - in WWI as medical orderly then joined the Royal Flying Corps. As far as I can tell very few other politicians in Canada had military or defense experience.

As to your second statement I think you hit the nail on the head.

Not true. The last CPC did more for the CAF than any other in my many decades here. Did they do enough no. But better than anyone else. I hate the they are all the same line. It's just used down grade conservatives. False equivalent.
Not really. They made empty promises just like all of them do every time. Paul Martin also did a lot to get the ball rolling. Both parties failed us.

I fell for it once with Harper. Like I said I don’t vote based on military policies that either party promises.

It leads to disappointment

Back