• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

This will be virtually ignored in Canada.
Hell ignored, we have Members of Parliament who have had "foreign affairs" with Chinese nationals. And that has been completely ignored and forgotten.

Hell ignored, we have Members of Parliament who have had "foreign affairs" with Chinese nationals. And that has been completely ignored and forgotten.
I wouldn't be surprised if every prostitute in Ottawa was on the ccp payroll

I suspect that whatever admiration he may have for their" ability to turn on a dime" has probably taken a pretty good beating.
Turns out they're even more locked into a system and one that lacks a great deal more flexibility, then we are.
I suspect that it's been a painful education and it's not over yet.
Dealing with the Chinese is like dealing a spoiled 3 year old who's prone to temper tantrums.
Some years back I started to referring to their Ministry of Foreign Affairs as the " Ministry of Outrage...as in We're outraged about well just about everything.

@Edward Campbell

How would China react to a weak Russia, an unstable Kazakhstan, a passive aggressive Mongolia, and trials and tribulations with the Uighur and Tibetans?

China has a 5000 year war going with the Mongols and Turks of the Steppes.

1660072147219.png

1660072256330.png

Anchor the Left Flank with Turkey and Ukraine supported by the Baltic States and anchor the Right Flank with Taiwan and Korea supported by Japan, Australia and the US.

And then there is the North.

And all those unoccupied islands and all that ice.... Barriers? Or Aircraft Carriers?

1660072529360.png

Well, Alexander Gabuev (a Senior Fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace) says, in Foreign Affairs, that we may be returning to a 13th century model where Russia, which has had to turn, cap-in-hand, to China because of Western sanctions/isolation, will be a Chinese vessel state, again. That should worry us.

Indeed! Far more worrying for sure, than if Russia tried to reestablish itself on the world stage on its own.

Well, Alexander Gabuev (a Senior Fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace) says, in Foreign Affairs, that we may be returning to a 13th century model where Russia, which has had to turn, cap-in-hand, to China because of Western sanctions/isolation, will be a Chinese vessel state, again. That should worry us.
As I was saying over on the Ukrainian thread. China is bigger long term problem. I guess I don't really understand Russia but I have thought they would have been an ally first against Radical Islam and then now as a buffer to China. But I guess they still want to be at the head table.

Russia is now the junior partner between China and themselves.

Interesting, if true I wonder if some governments might be funding some people?

Interesting, if true I wonder if some governments might be funding some people?

I love the creativity behind the idea, these folks are smarter than I. I also like the layers of security they’ve given themselves to an extent, and their motive is clear - drain money from the CCP.

I honestly think I’m too lazy to go as far as them - nor confident in myself enough mentally to not sweat that I’d get caught somehow.

This article emphasises the impact on Putin's Russia. I believe the impact is as great, if not greater, on Xi's China.

The CSTO is largely made up of Silk Road nations - nations that have no particular historical affinity to either Han China or Muscovite Russia.

Tajikistan is hosting the drills, called “Regional Cooperation 22,” while U.S. Central Command organized them, according to the State Department. Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan—each members of Russia’s collective defense organization, akin to North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)—are all participating.

Mongolia, Pakistan, and Uzbekistan are also joining in on the exercises, which are set to last until August 20.

The western end of the Silk Road is "anchored" by Chechenya, Dagestan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey and Ukraine.
The eastern end is likewise anchored by the Koreas and Japan.
China is penetrated by the culturally related Uyghurs of Xinjiang and the people of Inner Mongolia. Tibet has common cause with those nations as well as with Taiwan and Hong Kong.

And, of course, then there is India.

If Vlad loses the his grip then China loses the Silk Road.

China gains more customers with US Dollars…

China isn’t stupid, they are probably better capitalists than we are. They are quite willing to flex MIL assets in the short time, to create a better long game financial win.

This article emphasises the impact on Putin's Russia. I believe the impact is as great, if not greater, on Xi's China.

The CSTO is largely made up of Silk Road nations - nations that have no particular historical affinity to either Han China or Muscovite Russia.

The western end of the Silk Road is "anchored" by Chechenya, Dagestan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey and Ukraine.
The eastern end is likewise anchored by the Koreas and Japan.
China is penetrated by the culturally related Uyghurs of Xinjiang and the people of Inner Mongolia. Tibet has common cause with those nations as well as with Taiwan and Hong Kong.

And, of course, then there is India.

I highly recommend reading “Genghis Khan and the making of the Modern World” by Jack Weatherford. It brings into focus China’s goals and also, in a way, explains the current conflict in Ukraine.

Back