Author Topic: On asking questions & hostile dog-pile replies.  (Read 27430 times)

Offline CallOfDuty

• Rate Post
Re: On asking questions & hostile dog-pile replies.
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2009, 11:51:59 »
matt101pwn.......after reading what CDN just posted( your quote on college/officer/respect/etc).......holy crap!!.   Dude, take the hint.  Stay in your lane and for gods sakes stop offering advice,when you clearly have no right to be giving it.  Just stop it.
  I'd love to see you approach Sgt or higher in any trade and ask them why they don't go to university, so that one day they might get more respect!
"I bought a box of animal crackers and it said do not eat if seal is broken.  I opened it, and sure enough...................."

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2009, 13:15:59 »
Quote from: matt101pwn on Today at 08:01:48
Personally I beleive you should wait till grade 12, get involved in the Military Co-op at your school, if you like the Military lifestyle, Co-op will put you in the Primary reserves, which you can then go to college, which the  military can pay for, and continue the reserves. Once you've done college, depending on your doploma/certificate you could become an officer, meaning more pay, more respect. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You are wrong.

The CF will not pay for your education as a reservist. Becoming an Officer is no guarantee of respect. Not becoming an Officer is no guarantee of lesser respect.

Feel free to post about your relevant experiences or ask questions (once exhausting the Search Function of course) but please DO NOT attempt to give advice about things outside of your knowledge again.

You have been gently cautioned several times now, but seem to have some difficulty taking hints.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and understand your youth, and you seem like a good kid so we are willing to cut you a little slack, BUT patience will run out eventually. Please do not push it.

What you are doing, to give you an illustration, is like walking into the teachers' lounge in your school and offering your principal and teachers advice about how to teach. How do you think that they would react to that?

Know when to post, and, more importantly, when NOT to post.

Consider this your final unofficial warning.

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2009, 13:34:16 »
Being a Teenager myself, I'd like to put my two cents in. Personally, for myself I have never smoked,done drugs, or been drunk. The majority of teens do, but I like to think of myself as a mature adult. Everyone is welcome to their thoughts but I would just like to clear my name as a Teenager.

Thanks;Matt

Sorry matt but as someone that has done all three I will judge you on your posts rather than the fact that you have never done any.   Just because someone has not done any does not mean they are mature. Many didn't simply because they were afraid of getting caught by their parents.  Then again many lie about their drug usage when they are at the recruiting centre.

For the dog piling - I try to leave that to others (note I did say try) as much as possible although sometimes it is hard to resist. I can assure you there has been numerous times I have started a response and then closed out rather than posting so I can just imagine how annoying it gets for those that have been around for a long time to read some of the questions.  I think we need to face the fact that it is something that is going to happen, do our best not to get involved, report them to the mods when we see them and hope the mods will get around to locking them quick.

Finally  - thanks to all for running this site and putting up with the rest of us.
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline matt101pwn

• Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2009, 07:56:39 »
I'm willing to take correction for my previous actions, but on a post about dog-piling you guys are doing a great job at proving the main point. I will think before I post, and do my best to try to offer no advice like everyone wants.
If the greatness of life is measured in deeds done for others, then Canada's sons and daughters who have made the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan stand among the greatest of their generation,"  Hamid Karzai, President of Afghanistan

What I want is the discipline of a well-trained pack of hounds.  You find your own holes through the hedges.  I'm not going to tell you where they are.  But never lose sight of your objective.  Reach it in your own way.
Lieutenant-Gen Sir Julian Byng

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2009, 08:37:00 »
 and do my best to try to offer no advice like everyone wants.
[/quote]

Pout if you want, however if someone came on here and asked about present school curriculum, then I would bow to your BTDT knowledge.

Just offer what you know.................

IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2009, 10:04:37 »
I'm willing to take correction for my previous actions, but on a post about dog-piling you guys are doing a great job at proving the main point. I will think before I post, and do my best to try to offer no advice like everyone wants.

*sigh* You're doing it wrong.

Just swallow your pride, bow out of this one as gracefully as you're still able, and read the PM I sent you.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2009, 14:18:32 »
but I dith gooth.  My tongue hurtsss though.   ;D

carry on ladies
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

aesop081

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2009, 15:57:30 »
I will think before I post, and do my best to try to offer no advice like everyone wants.

While you are in the corner pouting like a 3 year-old, i will re-phrase that for you :

"I will think before i post and will only offer advice on things i know about and have experience with."

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2009, 17:29:18 »
I think we have covered all the points.

Those that understand what this is all about will understand.  Those who don't, probably never will.

Time to move on to more productive things.

Topic Locked

George
Milnet.ca Staff
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.