Author Topic: Trades OPEN / Closed ?  (Read 473855 times)

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Trades OPEN / Closed ?
« Reply #1450 on: March 27, 2017, 10:54:45 »
Temporary Holds can happen for a variety of reasons from Detachment Capacity (i.e. they have more files in process than they can process and need to put a hold on files that aren't to a certain point in the system), to the file not being competitive, to the trade being full.  Your best bet is to contact your detachment and ask them why your file is on hold.

Best Regards

Online EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #1451 on: April 16, 2017, 01:10:42 »
Anyone have an idea when the Cyber Op trade is going to open for civvies? Interested in coming back to the Armed Forces for this.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1452 on: April 24, 2017, 13:40:08 »
There is no date for when it is being opened for Intake as of yet.
The entry standards still have not been promulgated/approved, and until that is done the Recruiting System cannot start doing Intake.

Offline Beartech

• Rate Post
« Reply #1453 on: September 10, 2017, 22:01:39 »
Hello there, new to the forums and apologies in advance if I break any etiquette:

I've been super interested in the Geo Tech trade for a few years and am now in a life position where I'm ready to apply. However, I see (on forces.ca) that Geo Tech is one of the few trades not listed as 'Now Hiring'. How accurate is that list? Is it still worth applying and getting the gears in motion or am I wasting my time? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Offline walrath

• Rate Post
« Reply #1454 on: September 11, 2017, 11:02:05 »
Hello there, new to the forums and apologies in advance if I break any etiquette:

I've been super interested in the Geo Tech trade for a few years and am now in a life position where I'm ready to apply. However, I see (on forces.ca) that Geo Tech is one of the few trades not listed as 'Now Hiring'. How accurate is that list? Is it still worth applying and getting the gears in motion or am I wasting my time? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

You should apply. However you should speak to a recruiter to find out the details, a new course runs every year starting Aug-Sept. The last few years there have been more direct entries into the trade it seems.