Author Topic: Tattoo Thread - including current policy [MERGED]  (Read 231846 times)

Online Old Sweat

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Tattoo Thread - including current policy [MERGED]
« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2019, 13:21:59 »
Actually, it's only legal in ON, BC and SK (I think): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfreedom_in_Canada

Personal experience? What about the pictures?

Online milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #626 on: August 12, 2019, 18:42:56 »
Actually, it's only legal in ON, BC and SK (I think): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfreedom_in_Canada
I thought so, too.
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #627 on: August 13, 2019, 11:45:48 »
Thread unlocked. Legitimate questions and comments which add to the discussion are welcome. Otherwise, take it to PMs.

Staff
~ "Don't do the dumb." ~

Offline Bzzliteyr

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #628 on: August 13, 2019, 13:02:14 »

But that's because no one has needed to challenge in other provinces yet due to the precedent being set in the three you mentioned, no?
Adsum

UNPROFOR, CPSM, Canadian Forces Commander Land Force Command Commendation (Bosnia 1993), Canadian Decoration, General Campaign Star - ISAF

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #629 on: August 13, 2019, 13:22:08 »
But that's because no one has needed to challenge in other provinces yet due to the precedent being set in the three you mentioned, no?

I have no idea.  There is this quote from the same source: "Since the matter has not been determined by the Supreme Court of Canada, it is still possible that a woman could be convicted elsewhere in Canada."

Anyway, back to the topic of tattoos.  Good rule of thumb: If you think it might be offensive, get it somewhere it doesn't show in uniform.  Or don't get it at all.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Bzzliteyr

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #630 on: August 13, 2019, 13:40:21 »
I have no idea.  There is this quote from the same source: "Since the matter has not been determined by the Supreme Court of Canada, it is still possible that a woman could be convicted elsewhere in Canada."

Anyway, back to the topic of tattoos.  Good rule of thumb: If you think it might be offensive, get it somewhere it doesn't show in uniform.  Or don't get it at all.

Agreed. As in life, if you have to question if it's right, it probably not.
Adsum

UNPROFOR, CPSM, Canadian Forces Commander Land Force Command Commendation (Bosnia 1993), Canadian Decoration, General Campaign Star - ISAF

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #631 on: August 24, 2019, 09:29:08 »
Serious question, does this mean the Sailor Jerry style pinup girl is verbotten?
https://sailorjerry.com/en/tattoos/

I was curious if you would receive an answer. Certainly not for me to say.

But, at least with "Sailor Jerry" I know what I am looking at.

What I sometimes find confusing these days is that unless I look closely, and ask questions about what it all means ( which I would never do, unless I know the person ) I'm not usually sure what I am looking at exactly, or what it represents.

Not being very tattoo savvy, some of it looks like a bit of a Rorschach test to me.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:44:47 by mariomike »

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #632 on: August 25, 2019, 09:27:37 »
Agreed. As in life, if you have to question if it's right, it probably not.
But some of my more interesting adventures have started with "watch this!" or "I dare you"... several of which could have left a permanent mark of two (OK, a couple of scars actually did).    ;D

I've no doubt posted it somewhere in the preceding 25 pages, but tattoo removal is:  more expensive than the original ink;  requires several sessions that all hurt more than getting the ink;  and doesn't remove green ink, so you may have spots remaining.