Author Topic: Declining an offer (merged)  (Read 71245 times)

Offline Xylric

• Rate Post
Re: Declining an offer (merged)
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2018, 13:56:41 »
I'm from a very Scottish family, so in a few ways I understand where the OP was coming from. I was originally going to apply to the military after I finished my degree in 2006, but a conversation with my grandfather meant that I promised him that I would not do so until he gave his blessing - given that his temper was hereditary, he wanted to me to be absolutely sure that I had both the personal maturity and discipline for it. We had a conversation in which he gave his blessing to the venture about this time last year, because he saw how gracefully I handled the news that my grandmother had an inoperable form of cancer and would be undergoing radiation treatment.

I'm 34, so in all honesty I didn't need any sort of family blessing to embark on this path, but the reality is that I was closer to my grandfather than anyone, and with his having been raised 7th Day Adventist, he was every bit as much a pacifist/non-violent person as Desmond Doss (who also elected to give up violence because of his temper). With the fact that his elder brother went MIA in Italy during WWII (fortunately only for a period of 3 months before paperwork stating which hospital he was in arrived), I could not blame him for the apprehension that he felt over the idea of one of his grandsons seeking to follow in those footsteps (I happen to share my name with said great uncle), so I was honestly surprised when he changed his attitude.

Offline Phoebe4444

• Rate Post
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2018, 18:57:31 »
Hello all, I am looking to enlist in the army but due to prior committments I am unable to go to basic until January. I was wondering if anyone knew if you are able to enlist but deley your basic training date?

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2018, 19:35:08 »
I was wondering if anyone knew if you are able to enlist but deley your basic training date?

I'm not aware of a Program. But, you may find this discussion of interest,

Declining an offer (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=104645.50
5 pages.
"So I was wondering if 1: Can you delay your entry for a set period of time?"

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of official, up to date information.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 19:52:01 by mariomike »

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2018, 11:09:04 »
As a side note - generally a recruiting file (even "clean" files) can take anywhere from 4+ months to be fully processed.  There are times when files go quicker, but personally I wouldn't wait until the ability to do BMQ/BMOQ comes into play - I'd apply sooner if i were you.

Offline commander-cb

• Banned
  • Rate Post
    • wx
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2018, 11:17:51 »
I kicked my family to the curb.
Could not be happier  ;D
Application began approx 2010
Cfat passed
Current first choice  00135
Second. 00136